Chapter 14: This Christmas

December 25.

(Third person)~

Snow covered the field and trees. The corners of the windows were fogged. The lightening from the Christmas Tree was visible through the glass. The roads were partially covered in snow; cars still had access to the roads, however. The animals were locked safely in the barn. Christmas had arrived.

Simon, Harry, Zayn and Mrs. Jawaad surrounded the tree, caught in laughs and conversation. Christmas melodies played in the background from the radio.

"I want to go first!" Mrs. Jawaad yelled out. She picked up two medium-sized wrapped gifts and handed one to Zayn and Harry each. "Well, go on boys." She anxiously sat there, smiling. They unwrapped their gifts in unison. They both held up matching lap top boxes. Mac on the label.

"Mom! You didn't have to go this far."

"Yeah, Aunt."

They both sat there, shocked, but very ecstatic at the sight of their new laptops.

"I know, I know; but, you guys have had those other ones since the beginning of your high school freshmen year and I thought it was time for an upgrade."

"Thank you so much." Zayn said. Harry and Zayn both reached out and hugged her. They started at the laptops with admiration.

"My turn." Uncle Simon handed them their gifts. He handed one to Mrs. Jawaad as well.

Harry unwrapped his, quickly.

"Wow! An iPod."

"Well, that one was your aunt's idea. She knows how much you love listening to music and figured this would do you justice."

Harry's smiled widened and he have Uncle Simon a hug. Zayn unwrapped his gift and it was a camera/camcorder.

"I figured that, maybe after traveling here, you would travel more often and could use something to save the memories."

"Thank you so much." Zayn gave him a hug, aimed his camera at Harry, Simon, and his mom, then snapped a photo. They all chuckled. Zayn turned to Harry. "Cousin, this is for you." He handed a small, rectangular box. Harry opened it and there layed a bracelet. The words "Love is inevitable, Life is precious, Laughter is pure" we're carved in small font on it. Harry got teary-eyed and quickly hugged Zayn.

"Thank you so much, Zayn. I love you." His tears fell upon Zayn's shirt, though he didn't mind. Harry handed Zayn his present. He found a diamond chain with a music note attached to it. Zayn sat there, stunned at the thought of its' representation. Mrs. Jawaad screeched a little in the background after opening her gift to find pearls and earrings. Harry turned to Zayn and they spoke softly amongst themselves.

"Thank you, Harry."

"I know how much music means to you. Now, they may not know what great talent you posses, but I do. Trust me, I've heard you sing. I just wish you were a little more open about it. This chain represents the passion and bravery of being musically gifted, sharing it amongst others."

As Harry was about to continue, Mrs. Jawaad reminded them about Simon's gift. They had decided to get him something together. Harry and Zayn went into their room and returned with a large, wrapped box.

"You guys, you didn't have to." Simon said, flattered at the sight of the gift.

"It's our way of saying thank you for letting us stay here. We knew we've been a little bit of a pain every once and a while and we could have had a better attitude about coming out here; however, we're glad we did. Again, thank you." Harry closed his small speech off and they handed the box to Simon. He stood up and began unwrapping it. It was a mini fridge.

"Sorry for it being such a random gift" Zayn began. "We just thought with all the long hours you spend at work, you could use one in your office.

"It's more than excepiontional, boys. Thank you." He smiled. "Well, that food isn't going to eat itself."

They chuckled and headed over the table to enjoy their Christmas meal.

6:45 pm

Zayn's Pov~

I walked out my room and darted out the door. I could hear my mom and Simon yelling their goodbyes as I made my way out. Harry was on the porch, on the phone with his parents. He waved bye. I was leaving with Liam for the evening and I was more than anxious to give him his gift. He drove down this long road and I rested my head on his shoulders. The drive was refreshing. The music was low. The moment was perfect. We reached a vacant, small beach.

The water splashed onto the sand every now and then. The sky was gray; it was a windy night. Liam placed his jacket around me, even though I declined. I didn't want him to be cold, but he didn't seem to mind.

"I bought you a gift." I said, turning to him. His eyes lit up and his lips formed that smile that I loved. I handed him a small box.

"Aww babe. " he stared at the box mesmerized, then opened it. He held the half-heart necklace close to his face. His mouth opened in awe and he read the two letters carved : Mi

I pulled out my half-heart necklace that was hidden in my shirt. The remaining letters were carved: ne.

Mine.

He got a little teary-eyed and I felt this would be the perfect moment to finally let him know how I felt.

"Liam James. You're mine. Your heart, mine. From your beautiful brown eyes to your tamed, yet wild brown hair. The smile, the lips that perfect your smile. I want you to be mine, forever."

"Forever. I promise." He lifted my face by my chin and brought our lips closer together. His lips gently smashed into mine. I can get use to this.

"I have a present for you too babe, but I can't give it to you. At least, not at this moment."

"How come?" I questioned him. A puzzle look fell upon my face.

"I want it to be more of a surprise. Everyone expects a gift on Christmas, so I didn't think it would be the best day to do it. I want it to be when you least expect it."

I smiled and nodded, assuring him that it was fine. We sat on the beach, cuddled up and looked into the sky.

Harry's Pov~

I promised myself I wouldn't give up on Niall. No matter how much he was upset at me, I couldn't bring myself to walking away. It was now or never. I knocked on the door and awaited an answer.

"Hi, Harry." His mom answered and had a smile on her face. "You must be looking for Niall. Would you like to come in."

"Oh, no ma'am. I was wondering if he could come outside instead."

"Oh don't be so silly." She yelled a bit. She grabbed my arm, yanking me into the house. Niall's grandparents danced around a bit in the kitchen, but he was no where in sight. "He's upstairs, second room on the right."

I made my way upstairs, slowly. Hopefully, he wouldn't come running out of his room before I got there. I knew he wouldn't want to talk much about us, especially not here, but I had to cease the moment. I opened his bedroom door. He was standing the mirror, fixing his hair; he came to a holt and turned around.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" His eyes widened a bit.

"Niall, I try to fight the urge to be near you because I know how much pain I put you through and you'll probably never forgive me. I get that; but I can't, and I won't, walk away from you. I'm in love with you. I know this is a little sudden and crazy, but I am."

"Harry..." He walked closer to me and I soon found him in my arms. He head nuzzled in my chest; tears coming out of his eyes. "I love you too." Our hug grew tighter and we shared a kiss. We finally shared a kiss. His lips were everything I imagined them to be: soft, heavenly. We rested our foreheads on each other.

"I have a gift for you, Niall." I pulled out a small box. Niall covered his mouth, in shock. "Now, marriage is too soon my love, but I want to propose this promise ring. A promise that I'll be back and you'll wait for me when I return to England."

"I promise, Harry. I promise." I slipped the ring onto his finger and we shared a hug, followed by another kiss. It sent shivers down my spine just like the first one did. I'm in love.