Chapter 11: Departed

AN: As I mentioned before, I wrote this story over a month ago, so I do apologize for it being so short, straightforward, and not really descriptive. I was a bit of an amateur at the time :-/. Also, I would like to say thank you for helping me reach over 500 views! Enjoy :)

December 22.

Zayn's Pov~

I woke up to the sound of a lawn mower out back, in the fields. I rubbed my eyes for a minute, the blur in my vision taunting me. Suddenly, I thought about yesterday's events and wanted to talk to Harry.

"Harry?" I sat up at the top of the bunk, calling for him. No answer. He could still be sleep, but I didn't hear his usual snoring. I climbed down and his bed was vacant. I walked out the room into the living room and there stood Uncle Simon with a note, waving it at me. I took it from him.

"I have decided to go back to England. I think my experience here was carrying on longer than it should have. Thank you, Uncle Simon, for everything. I actually enjoyed your company. I'll definitely have to come back soon. Love, Harry."

My heart had dropped to my stomach. My fingers became numb. I don't know if I was more hurt by him leaving or more hurt by him not saying anything about me in the note. Although I can see him whenever I return, I couldn't imagine being here without him. This is the first time we've ever had an issue this big. I didn't even get to see him before he left.

(Third person)~

A tear hit the floor and another was soon to follow. Zayn sat at the table, reading the note over and over, wishing the letters would fade; wishing this was all a dream. Simon rested his hand on Zayn's shoulder.

"Cheer up, Zayn. You guys are around each other all the time. Maybe you could use the break. Besides, it's only for two days." Simon smirked.

"What do you mean, 'only for two days'?"

"Well, Christmas is coming up and your mom was planning to come out here, so we can celebrate as a family. She's coming on Christmas Eve and I figured that Harry would have to come back. He does live with you guys after all."

"But what if he doesn't come back? What if he decides to go to his parents' for the holidays?"

"I doubt it. Like I said, give it some time. He'll be back."

Zayn smiled, weakly. In the back of his mind, he was happy to hear that Harry may be returning; but, a part of him felt that the silent treatment Harry was giving him will just continue on. He wanted his cousin back, his cousin he had before coming to Tennessee.

Zayn's mind trailed back to the noise he heard earlier, the lawn mower. That could only mean one thing. Liam must be around. Zayn darted out the door and ran to the field. Liam, now scooping up dead plants, looked up to find a teary-eyed Zayn standing a few feet away. He opened his arms and Zayn ran into his arms and broke down.

Harry's Pov~

My luggage hit the side of my legs with every step I took. My curls were a little ruffled up, since I didn't really have time to get ready this morning. Leaving was pretty much a last minute decision. Call me a coward, call me an emotional reck; unfaithful. Nothing could make me feel as hurt and upset with myself as I already am. Dry tear stains on my cheeks. I'm sure that wouldn't be the last of that.

I boarded the airplane and made way to my seat. I managed to get a seat a little more comfortable than the ones Zayn and I had prior to coming to Tennessee. I sat and sighed deeply. In my left hand was the note and letter I attended on leaving for Zayn and Niall. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't think it would make much of difference, especially with the words we exchanged. Niall's teary-eyes face haunted my mind. It was the way he was when we dropped him off from Louis' party. Ugh, Louis. That guy was trouble. I'm no better. I took one final look at Tennessee before the plane took off. Here comes the tears.

Liam's Pov~

Zayn and I were now in the barn. I didn't say much, just listened to him vent about the whole situation with Harry. He layed in my arms, sobbing away. I felt really bad. If I hadn't taken them to Louis' party, Niall, Zayn, and Harry wouldn't be in this situation. Speaking of Louis', he has tried to call several times since them, but I haven't picked up. I couldn't believe him. Louis isn't the nicest guy; I didn't think he would ever stoop that low. No matter how many bad things someone does, you always try to find the positive things about them. Now, it's very clear to me that he's not the type of person I want to be around.

"Liam?" Zayn raised his head from my left shoulder and looked me in my eyes.

"Yes, love?"

"How do you really feel about me? Curious to know."

"Well," I began. "I was pretty content with my life, had it all figured out; school and work were my main priorities. I told myself I wouldn't let anything distract me. I've always wanted to be as successful as my parents. My love life was non-existent. You changed that. I still would like to reach all my goals, but I want you there when it happens. That evening when I saw you on the road, I was expecting you to shoo me away. Your smile pierced my heart. Your quiff, always blowing in the wind. Your amazing voice. That was my first time singing in front of someone; my first time bringing someone back home, my first time making love to someone, catering and venting to someone. Sleepless nights, images of you soaring in my mind, your angelic laughter echoing in my thoughts. Your soft lips, your graceful touch, your presence. You've given me everything and more. Time, dedication, honesty. I love you, Zayn."

Zayn's Pov~

I wasn't expecting him to say all of that. For the first time ever, my heart smiled. Here I sat, tears filling my eyes again.

"I love you too, Liam."

Are lips connected. The same sparks, the same butterflies, the same passion. It never left. I'm in love with Liam James and I wouldn't want it any other way.