Chapter 15: The Inevitable

AN: First, I would like to say thank you to everyone for helping me reach 1000+ views. I really wasn't expecting it, so thank you :-)

- Secondly, there's only one more chapter left and, instead of waiting until next weekend to upload it, I will be uploading it later today. Enjoy.

__________________________

December 26.

Zayn's Pov~

Here I am, laying on the bottom bunk. Harry had left with Niall earlier to go bowling at the country club. It was now 2pm and I've been in bed all day. Reality sunk in this morning when I realized I would be leaving back to England tomorrow. I had gotten so used to my new-found life, here in Tennessee, that I forgot the stay was only temporary. What makes it even worse is that I have to remind Liam. We were going on a date tonight. I would hate to have to ruin it with the bad news, but I won't be able to see him tomorrow; it's best if I tell him the news tonight. I turned over, grunting. My head was hidden under Harry's pillows. I tried my best to fight back my tears, but a few snuck out anyways.

I tried to think of positive outcomes, like us maintaining a long distance like Niall and Harry. Then again, we're not Niall and Harry. People react differently to situations. Liam has a little bit of a tough interior, as well as exterior; but, he's still human. He would still be left with a broken heart. I would be the cause of that broken heart.

I heard the door open, making a slight noise, as if someone was trying to come in slowly.

"Honey?"

My head remained hidden under the pillows. I couldn't let my mom see me like this. I rarely cry around here. I rarely cry at all, but, since being hear, I've become more of an emotional person; most of it was due to happiness.

"Yes, mom?" I called from under the pillows. To her, it may have sounded like a mumble. She placed her hand on my back, rubbing it slightly.

"What's wrong, honey? Aren't you excited about your date tonight." Her voice became a little high-pitched, trying to sound enthusiastic. Even that wasn't enough to cheer me up.

"I am, but..." I raised my head from under the pillow and felt the urge to scream, so I quickly put the pillow back over me.

"Zayn, that's enough! You're being childish. Come from under the pillow and talk to me right. Now!"

I did as she said. I sighed, wiping my moist cheek free of the tears.

"Mom, it's just...we're leaving tomorrow and I don't know how to break it off to Liam."

"I thought he knew this was just for Winter break?" She looked at me, worried.

"He does," I began. "But, I guess we got so caught up that it never crossed our minds. At least, for me, it didn't until this morning. I'm not sure how he feels or if he's ever even thought about it. I plan on bringing it up to him tonight. It's the reaction, the fact that I'm 100% clueless about what is he reaction will be."

"He loves you, right?" She gave me a side-eye, looking for a nod.

"Yes."

"And you love him?"

"I do."

"Then, what's the problem? Talk about it; compromise. Everything should work."

I kept those words in mind, hoping she would be right. I smiled a little and gave her a hug.

"Now, would you like something to eat?"

"No, mom. I think it might spoil my appetite for tonight."