Second Chappie

THANKS FOR ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS, GUYS! :D

“Just Like A Merry-Go-Round”

Chapter Two:

Sometimes, people need to change.

Sometimes, people need to accept defeat.

Sometimes, people need to turn their back and face a new door.

And sometimes, you just need to take steps backward and pretend you didn’t see anything.

Yes, people change.

“But memories don’t.” Kuroko added as he finished one of his two milkshakes.

Kagami blinked and glanced at him. “What? Did you say something?”

He blinked back and shook his head. “No, it’s nothing.”

“Ah, alright.” The red-head murmured and stayed silent for awhile. “Ne, Kuroko.”

He slipped out his remaining milk shake and put on the straw before starting sipping on it. Delicious, as usual. He mentally noted and looked up at his partner. “Yes, Kagami-kun?”

Kagami played with his own hair as he mumbled, “Is it alright if I ask you something confidential?”

“That’s odd.”

“Huh?” The ace growled. “What’s odd?”

He slightly smiled. “You tend to just say what’s in your mind and ask bluntly whatever comes into that brain of yours.”

Kagami scratched his head and pouted a little. “I don’t want things to get awkward between us, you know.” He murmured and sighed. “I just can’t imagine myself nowadays wandering all alone around the town and playing on my own in the basketball courts. Perhaps, I just think that being awkward with you also means being apart with you. I’ve told you, haven’t I? Back then with our match with Yosen? That choosing between my past with Tatsuya and future with you, the answer’s obvious.” He explained. “It’ll always be the latter.”

If he was a normal person, then Kuroko’s cheeks would be so crimson now. But then again, when did he become a normal person? “You’re a pretty embarrassing fellow too, Kagami-kun.”

“Wha--! I’m not, you bastard!” Kagami defended, obviously confused.

He took a sip and turned. “You can ask me anything. I’m not a shallow person.”

Kagami was speechless. Not that he wasn’t expecting this kind of offer but the way Kuroko turned at him with the sunrays shining at him and the wind blowing his hair and coat around, the former just couldn’t seem to help himself from thinking that he was with an angel. He composed himself and finally blurted it out, “Do you…uh…like Akashi Seijuuro? You know like…like.”

The teal-head’s eyes widened. He always thought that his partner was a naïve idiot, but he just proved this quite wrong with the way his partner just asked him. “Let’s pretend I don’t. Let’s pretend that I liked him before, but not now. Let’s pretend that I don’t feel anything for him. And let’s pretend I can move on.”

“…So, in short, you do, huh.” The red-head breathed. “That’s actually quite surprising. I never thought you would fall for someone like him.”

“What do you mean?”

“You just don’t look the kind of guy who will fall for an asshole.” Kagami grunted. “An asshole who doesn’t know how to appreciate his teammates and just throw away the memories he possesses with his former teammates. An asshole and a bastard. I just think you’re too good for him.”