Chapter Three

Authoress’ Note: Since you guys were all so kind and considerate of me, I’ve decided to put a quote from an anime (even from the ones I haven’t watched) in every update of this fanfiction of mine as a token of my gratitude to your unending kindness.

Really! Thank you for the reviews! Didn’t expect that much! : D

I’m so happy!

BTW, the title of the previous chapter (since I forgot to add it) was: I’ll Forget You…Not.

Enjoy~

“Feelings aren’t black and white. Even if they’re fuzzy and contradictory, if they’re sincere, they are what they are.” –Murasaki (Hamatora)

“Just Like A Merry Go Round”

Chapter Three: I want…

There were knocks on the door and everyone turned his head to look at the sudden visitors.

“Are we interrupting something?”

Eyes widening, Kuroko stared in shock at the persons standing on the gym’s doorframe.

His heart started beating fast.

His mind started to refuse any reasons.

He wanted to look away, but he couldn’t.

Not when Akashi was staring back at him.

“Oh! I almost forgot! We’re going to have a practice game with Rakuzan High School few minutes later!” Riko announced. “Kagami’s against Nebuya this time. Hyuuga against Reo. Izuki against Hayama. Mitobe against their still-unnamed new starter and to add some thrill, Kuroko-kun’s against Akashi!”

“Well, shit.” Kagami cursed out loud.

I want to forget you, but why do you continue to make this impossible? Kuroko wondered.

You can hide. You can run away. I did those things before too. But I won’t let you do it to me this time. Don’t avert your gaze. Don’t be afraid. Please, look at me again and smile. Akashi mentally murmured.

Have you ever wished to a shooting star?

Have you ever clapped your two hands together for more than three times in a shrine just to make sure whoever lives in it will hear your wish out?

Have you ever clasped both of your hands together for a silent prayer?

I’m sure everyone has.

But this world didn’t revolve that way.

You cannot be happy without experiencing pain.

You cannot laugh without tears coming after it.

You cannot turn around without looking back.

You cannot love without being hurt.

The world isn’t like the color black and white—opposites but easy to figure out. Sometimes, other colors will mix in and confuse your mind, sometimes you need to just let your masterpiece remain as blank as it ever was.

“My, my, you guys sure were having fun~” Reo Mibuchi commented and chuckled.  “What game were you guys playing, do you think we can join in?”

Kagami carefully settled down his ‘shadow’ back on the ground and stretched his asleep arms in the air. His gaze still quite cold, but he managed to somehow make them warmer and more welcoming. “Nah, we have no idea what game we were playing. We’re just killing time. Wanna kill time with us?”