Chapter Four

Enjoy!

As promised, here's this chapter's anime quote:

"I hate memories. Because reality is better than memories. A reality where I exist and you're here right next to me." - Yano Motoharu (Bokura Ga Ita)

"Just Like A Merry-Go-Round"

Chapter Four:

With her blow in the whistle, the practice match ended.

With Rakuzan winning.

The scores were 98 with 106. Seirin and Rakuzan respectively.

They shook hands and settled into their very own benches.

Kuroko was fixing his things when a hand landed on his head. He turned and found Akashi before him. The red-head wore an expressionless face, so he had no idea what was going on the latter's head. He was about to slap the hand away when Akashi ruffled his hair and murmured a sincere, "Good job, Tetsuya."

His eyes widened with the sincerest words he had ever heard out of the red-head's mouth.

He was not about to cry when Akashi smiled and repeated, "Good job, Tetsuya."

That was when tears began to pour down his pale, sweaty cheeks. It felt painful. Crying always made his head ache. Crying always made his heart clench. But he couldn't help it anymore—he started to sob as Akashi continued ruffling his hair.

It's unfair. How can you affect me like this?

How can all my effort to shut you out shatter in just matter of minutes?

Are you playing with me?

Are you toying with my feelings?

I want to forget you.

I want to hate you.

I want to despise you.

I want you to get out of my life.

I want you to leave me alone.

But—I also want you to know when I'm telling lies.

Please.

Call me a liar and know that I want you to stay by my side.

Please.

Tell me you love me too.

~LFMH021~

When you love, expect that you'll be in a Ferris wheel wherein your cart will always stay on the top and would never go down.

You could see the beautiful things around the city, but you'll be alone.

You could see the lights glimmering beautifully below, but you could never touch them.

Along with this, you would be alone, up there.

You would be alone and had no idea how to get down because you didn't have the control.

It's scary as time goes on.

It's terrifying as you realize you're all alone.

That's how love is.

It's beautiful.

It's rare like a gem.

But it's painful just like a sword just out of the fire.

It always hurts.

It will always bring you pain and grief.

Akashi blinked and pulled his hand back when the teal-head before him started to sob with no reason. He didn't know what to do, honestly and just stared at the weeping phantom player. "Tetsuya?" He called out.