Chapter 1

I shouldn't be thinking this way about him. But I can't help myself. Even though he's been my long-time friend of many years. Every time I see his lips moving, I envision what they would feel like against my own. Every time he touches me, I imagine us together in bed. Each time I see him wearing his red tie, all I want to do is rip it off him, along with the rest of his clothes.  And every time he talks about that bitch Beth, all I want to do is scream at him and say, "She's not the one for you, I am!" But I don't, because I don't want to be unprofessional and ruin our friendship.
"Y/N? Have you been listening to what I've been saying?"
I snap out of my thoughts immediately at the sound of his voice. We're chilling on the couch in his apartment after a particularly rough case, with some coffee.
I rolled my eyes at him. "Of COURSE I've been listening to what you were saying!"
He crosses his arms, smirks, and says, "Then okay, if you really were listening, tell me what I just said, word for word."
My face must have blanched at this. Shit, he knows me too well, he knows I wasn't listening, at all.
I raise my arms up in surrender, "Ok, Agent Hotchner, you caught me red-handed! What are you gonna do?"
He reaches over with his hands to...start tickling me! I squirm, trying not to laugh and failing miserably.
"A-a-ron!", I squeal, "S-s-stop i-i-it!"
"Give me one good reason, first, little girl", he whispers in my ear. By this point, he's right on top of me, and I gulp nervously
"I'll be honest next time, I promise!", I tell him. He looks at me so intensely for a moment that I shiver. Then he bursts out laughing.

"Jeez, you should have seen the look on your face, Y/N! It literally killed me", he says, doubling over with laughter

I sit up, brush myself off, and say, " Well, your intense look is pretty scary, and when you get that look, you're usually unpredictable in your actions."

"I swear, Y/N, you crack me up more than anyone else, and that is saying something, considering the fact that most people think of me as a man who is brooding and serious all the time.", he tells me, smiling, after he has caught his breath, "That is true though, I CAN be very unpredictable at times, especially when I get very emotional."

For a moment, we simply stare at each other, smiling like best friends do. What we would do without each other, I never want to know.

A knock on the door makes us both jump

"That must be Jessica, dropping off Jack," he says, his face lighting up even more

We both walk to the door. Aaron barely has the door open before Jack leaps up and practically tackles him.

"Hey, buddy. How was your day?", he asks his son, smiling as bright as the sun, "Did you miss me?"

"I always miss you when you're away, Daddy", he answers, hugging his dad even tighter. My heart melts. He is a such a sweet child, despite everything that has happened to him in his life.

Thank you, Jess, I see him mouth quietly. She nods at him, gives me a friendly smile, and walks away.

I shut the door, as the three of us head back to the living room. It is then that I hear someone's stomach growling.

"Someone seems hungry. I wonder who it is....", I say aloud. No one answers.

"Well then, it seems that no one is hungry, so I guess I must have been mishearing things", I say, pretending to walk away.

"No, no, I'm hungry, I'm hungry, Miss Y/N!", I hear Jack exclaiming. I smile to myself. Works every time.

"Well then, what would you like, Master Hotchner?", I ask him. He then proceeds to describe what he wants with such elaborate detail and seriousness, following me the few short steps to the kitchen. I look back at Aaron, and try not to laugh at Jack. He holds back a laugh himself, smiling