Chapter 3

"What the fuck?!"
From my position on the couch I can't see who it is, but I can guess from the tone of voice that it's Beth. Hah, I smirk to myself
Aaron looks up and sees Beth. Instead of freaking out, like I expected, he takes me totally by surprise. He takes his fingers out, looks Beth directly in the eyes, and sucks on each of them, slowly and pointedly. Damn.
I start to get up, to give them space, but he pushes me back down, whispering in my ear, "Stay. We are doing nothing wrong."
He sits up, not even trying to disguise the fact that he's naked, and calmly says, "Hello, Beth."
"What the hell, Aaron?", she finally spits, after several minutes of her original outburst, "What the fuck are you doing with her? I thought she was just your friend, not girlfriend."
"Is it a problem if she is my girlfriend?", he asks her calmly
"W-w-well aren't w-we together?", she asks, trying to be confident, but totally failing, I might add.
"Correction. As of right now, we are no longer together. I've realized that us, together, as a couple, will never work. We're just too different, Beth, you and I.", he says, putting his arms behind his back and crossing his legs without a care in the world.
I can't see Beth's face right now, but I am very willing to bet it is as red as a tomato at Aaron's words. Mine definitely would be, if I were her.
Mmmmm, nice view, I think to myself, ogling him from my position. He definitely works out
I think she knows that she's already lost this fight, but as much I really hate her, I admire her perseverance
"W-well isn't being a relationship with your coworker, and your subordinate against the rules?", she asks, most likely with a smirk on her face, "I can always go to Strauss and tell her about the relationship between the two of you."
Aaron simply snorts at this, and says, "It will be your word against mine, Beth. Who is she going to believe? You, my ex-girlfriend or me, the Unit Chief of this FBI division? And besides, something tells me she wouldn't have a problem anyways, as long as we don't let our relationship affect our work together. And I know how to keep my personal and professional life separate, Beth. I wouldn't be where I am right now, if I didn't know how, now would I?"
Beth must have steam blowing out her ears right now.
"You know what, Aaron Hotchner? Fuck you, and fuck your new girlfriend, I hope you have a nice life together. But mark my words, this is far from over!", she yells, slamming the door behind her
We both look at each other.
"What did she mean when she said that this was far from over?", I ask, worried
"Baby, I wouldn't worry about she said. There's nothing she can do and that I will let her do, that will tear us apart. You have my solid word on that.", he says, stroking my legs
"I-I don't know...she sounded pretty serious, Aaron", I tell him, still worried, "Have you ever heard the Shakespearean saying, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? Right now, Beth is scorned and pissed off beyond belief. Who knows what she'll do, knowing that her ex-boyfriend cheated on her with another woman, albeit another woman that he loves more than her?"
He sighs dramatically, and says, "Y/N you always overthink and worry too much."
"I can't help it, it's what I do. I've been like that for as long as I can remember. I know, I know, it's a bad habit, but it's hard to stop after doing it for so long.", I admit, curling in on myself in shame
"I know, Y/N, believe me, I know. I have so many bad habits of my own that I have trouble getting rid of.", he also admits
We both chuckle softly at each other.
"That makes the two of us then", he says, smiling softly
"Yup", I say, smiling softly back.
"Since we are talking openly, I want to say something else: I know I've never said this to you, but, but, I want to wait until I get married, to, you know, have sex.", I admit, shame-facedly, even though we were literally all over each other before Beth walked in. I guess I was just too caught up in the moment, that I forgot the promise I made to myself a long time ago. About waiting until I was with the right man and happily married, to sleep with someone for the first time.
"Hey, hey", Aaron says, gently lifting my chin to face him, "that's nothing to be ashamed of. You're staying true to yourself and your body, and I respect that. That is one of the many things I love about you, is that no matter what happens to you, you always stay true to yourself and who you are."
"Really?", I ask softly, "People have always told me that I'm stupid for waiting and should just get it over with already. But, growing up, I have always kept to myself, rarely talked with anyone, least of all boys, and had very few good friends, even in high school and college, including you", I say smiling, "I have always been shy and afraid of my own shadow for so long, always shying away from social interactions. But, when I first met you, sophomore year of high school, you changed me, made me actually look forward to go to school everyday, just to see you and talk to you everyday. You made and continue to make me feel, I know this sounds so cheesy, but, more alive, in a way I have never been before. You made me realize that I am my own person and that no one can ever change that, ever. You know when I first made the promise to wait until marriage? When, I saw you and Haley dancing together at the prom. I saw you and thought, "I want to wait until I am together and happily married to a man I know who loves and cares for me, and treats me right. I want to wait for the man who looks at me like I am the only girl he will ever love and hold, forever.""
Tears fall gently from his eyes as he smiles at me and pulls me in for a tight hug.
"I will never let anyone hurt you or take you from me. I will protect you with my life.", he whispers in my ear
"I love you", I whisper back in his ear
We sit back and smile softly at each other
"Will you stay with me tonight, just to cuddle and help me sleep?", I ask him, still smiling
He leans in and kisses me gently, saying, "I always sleep better when I'm with you. You help chase my nightmares away."
"Me too", I reply, stroking his face.
We both get up, get dressed, and head out, gripping each other's hands tightly, never wanting to let go.
————————————————-
A/N: Hello, my lovelies! I know, Chapter 3 came out a lot sooner than expected right? Hehe😁 I know this chapter isn't what most of y'all were expecting, but here it is. I also reveal a little bit about myself in this chapter as well. As always, let me know what you guys think, whether it is through DMs or comments😊
Until the next time, my lovelies,
❤️Mrs. Hotchner-Rossi❤️