1.

"All the questions completed?"

Bria nods, "yep."

"Have a good summer Ms Finnie." Her English professor said with a small smile.

"You too, Professor Chambers." She said before leaving the lecture hall. A smile emerges on her face as she's officially on vacation.

Bria pulls out her phone to scroll through her recent contacts. André 💕.

Hey you've reached André, leave a message and I'll get back to you.

"Hey Dré, I'm out of class. Umm, don't know if we're still on for lunch. Call me when you get this." Bria hangs up and shakes he head. She reaches into her bag to grab her headphones and places them in her ear.

Drop top Porsche (Porsche), Rollie on my wrist (wrist). Diamonds up and down my chain (aha).

The upbeat song blaring in her ear. Her strut blending in with the beat of the music. Bria took her last final of her junior year at UCLA. She has great friends, a great boyfriend, a nice apartment. She couldn't be anything but happy.

Bria's phone starts to ring in her ear. She glances at the screen. Dad💙. She answers. "Hey dad."

"Hey, How was your last final?"

"Good, a little harder than I thought." She answers.

"Knowing how you are, you probably stayed up all night to study." Monty said.

Bria nervously laughed, "yeah, definitely dad." She said, remembering the countless distractions that kept her from studying.

"I'm so proud of you."

A smile glides across her face, "Thanks dad."

"Now that you're on vacation, are you gonna visit this summer?" He asks.

Bria rolls eyes. Freeridge was the last place she wanted to spend her summer. "I have my internship this summer. So I highly doubt it."

Monty sighed on the other line, "You know Monse wants to see you. She misses her big sister."

Bria frowns, "I know."

"She's getting older and she needs her sister. You remember how helpful I was when you were growing up."

She chuckles, "Yeah thank god for Mrs Ruiz"

"At least think about it." Monty pleads.

"Okay dad."

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Bria lets out a small sigh then knocks on the door.

"Who is it?"

Bria rolls her eyes, "André, it's me."

The door slightly opens enough for André to fit in the gap. He stood there in just his sweats and sweat running down his body. "What's up?"

Confusion covers Bria's face, "We had a date today after my final. You said you wanted to take me out to celebrate getting to my senior year." She said, crossing her arms.

André's palm hit his forehead. "Oh shit, I totally forgot. I'm sorry baby." He said.

"Why are you sweaty?" She asks.

"André, baby, who's at the door?" André and Bria look at each other. André watched as anger filled her eyes.

"Bria-" Before he could finish he statement, Bria shoved the door open, startling the girl on the couch. Silence filled the room.

"André-"

Bria cuts the girl off, "Who the fuck are you?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Bria can you come inside?" André pleads.

"Bitch are you going to answer the question?" Bria asks, ignoring André.

"Who are you calling a bitch?!" The girl said, walking closer to Bria.

"Amber sit down!" André demands.

"There ain't nothing but space and opportunity., so what's up?" Bria said, placing her backpack on the ground.

"Bria, can we talk outside?" André asks, lightly pushing Bria out the door.

"What's there to talk about? You got caught." She said. "Fuck you, I'm done." Bria grabs her bag and walks to the elevator.

"Bria, please let me explain." He pleads walking down the hallway with her.

Bria continues to walk in silence. The amount of emotions running through her head.

"Bria talk to me." He said.

She hits the button to go down and the door open. She walks in and continuously hit the close button until it did. The tears falling down her cheek. A year and a half of wasted time, she thought to herself.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"One way bus ticket to Freeridge." Bri said, clutching onto her duffle bag.

Ding

She glances down at her phone.

Nikki ✨:
See you in a hour! Can't wait ☺️

Bria hands her woman the money and grabs her ticket. She walks over towards her bus terminal and takes seat in the chairs close by.

She looks at the clock. 9:45pm. She lets out a sigh and dials a number.

"You've reached Monty, leave a message after the beep."

Beep

"Hey dad." Bria sighed. "I'm coming home.