9.

The two laid in Bria's bed. Her finger making circles on his chest and his thumb caressing her shoulder. Both silent and lost in their own thoughts. Neither one of them would've thought they'd finally sleep together after the many years.

Bria broke the silence, "Earlier when the kids were playing "smash, marry, kill; how come you didn't do me?" She asks.

Oscar chuckles, "Because you already know the answer to the question."

Ding!

Bria grabs her phone from the night stand. As she goes to see the notification, Oscar grabs the phone from her hand. "Really Oscar?"

"What do you even see in the pendejo?"

"Well, for starters a sweet guy and he does treat me right." She answers, getting out of the bed. "So what we just did doesn't leave this room nor will it happen again." Oscar laughs, watching Bria get dressed.

She started tossing his clothes onto her bed then her hand extends, "can I have my phone back please?" She asks, with her hand out.

Oscar looks at her for a moment, then hands her the phone. He starts to put on his clothes, and Bria sits at the edge of the bed.She looks at the time. 4:50am.

Leo💕
Sorry if I wake you but gonna have to take a rain check on breakfast. Stayed up late writing a paper.

Bria sighs. Best way to play this off was to pretend to be asleep. She tosses her phone onto her pillow and falls back on her bed.

"He canceled?" Oscar asks.

Bria's eyes look up at Oscar with an eyebrow raised. "Yeah, why?"

"Spend the day with me. Let's hang out like old times." He said.

She looks at Oscar for a minute. Did she want to spend the day with Oscar "Spooky." Diaz? "You're aware that it's 5am?"

"We can beat traffic. Get dressed and meet me at my house in 30." He said, before walking over to her. He pecks her lips. Grabs his keys and heads out the door.

Bria stood there for a moment. She was about to spend the day with Oscar. Would she regret it?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Are you going to eat?" Oscar asks, before taking a bite of his pancakes

"Are you going to eat?" Oscar asks, before taking a bite of his pancakes. The two sat at a diner outside of Freeridge. The car ride was quiet since Bria had so much on her mind. Leo, what happened yesterday, the fact that she's been with Oscar since the night before.

Bria looks at him, "Why did you want to do this?" She asks, leaning forward on the table.

Oscar chuckles, "I missed you. Is that hard to believe?" He asks. "You didn't miss me?"

Bria leans back in her seat. "Maybe." She said, grabbing a piece of bacon.

Oscar smiles, "Remember that time in third grade at recess...."

"Where Jasper Montello pushed me off the swings and you pushed him on the ground for it." She finishes. "Always did protect me."

"To think it would've never happened if it wasn't for Mrs. Martinez's."

Bria chuckles, "well yeah because you got us both put in timeout."

Oscar smiles, "it was worth it." He said, taking a bite of his pancakes.

Bria looks at him for a moment trying to resist the urge to blush, "well since you've kidnapped me-"

"You came willingly this morning and last night."

Bria blushes and looks at him, "what I'm asking is ,what's the plan for today?" She said, taking a bite of her eggs.

"Finish your food and you'll see." He sits back in seat. "So what's up with you?"

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"So you remember I like fairs?" Bria asks, as Oscar pays the admission.

"Remember that's how we found our spot." He answers, "we can play some games and ride some rides like old times."

"I dig it." Bria said, "Remember my favorite ride?"

"Race you to it." He said, before taking off.

"What if you go to the wrong one?" She yells.

"We'll have to see." Oscar then disappears in the crowd.

Bria smiles before looking for her favorite ride. It was semi crowded but the moment she saw the Zero Gravity. As she got closer, she saw Oscar's grey tshirt. He did remember.

Oscar reaches for her hand, and the two stood in line. As the day went on, the two continued riding rides with a little game play in between. The two strolled down memory lane along with catching up on things they missed.

"Last ride." Bria said, pulling Oscar towards the Ferris Wheel.

Oscar laughs, "fine." He said, wrapping his arm around her neck. The two step into the pod, and took their seat.

"I had a good time today." Bria said, linking her fingers with his.

"Good, then I did my job." He said, pulling her close. "We can grab a bite to eat after and head home."

Bria frowns before look up at him, "Do we have to?"

"Yeah, I'm kinda hungry and I don't want fair food." He answers.

"No, I mean go back to Freeridge."

Oscar sighs, "I've got business to take care of later." He said, catching her gaze. Bria frowns then looks at the view of water. "We'll do this again soon."

Bria gives a small smile before leaning her head into his shoulder.