22.

"Bria, thank you for you for coming in today. With Ray still learning-"

"It's fine Mr. Turner. I appreciate the hours." She said, grabbing a crate of produce.

"After you bring that crate inside, Can you head down to the store for me? They didn't send enough onions and we have that party tomorrow."

"Sure, how many bags?" She asks.

"Get about 3 or 4?" He answers, "Take 100 from the register."Bria nods before walking inside.

As she waits in line at the store, her phone goes off. Oscar 💗. Her finger hits ignore before proceeding to checkout. Bria's been keeping her distance from Oscar and the Santos.All she wants is to start fresh away from Freeridge.

Her phone goes off again.Nessa 👯‍♀️. "Hey Nessa!"

"Girl guess what?!" She said.

"My baby wants to see her God Mommy." Bria said, grabbing her bags.

"Bria, you've seen her every night this week." She said. "You avoiding Oscar?"

"What is your news?!"Bria said, changing the subject and starts her walk back to work.

"So things with me and Quis have been really good. So we've decided to buy a house. We agreed we need more room since you have another godchild on the way."

Bria's eyes go wide in excitement, "Oh my god! A house and a baby?"

"Before you say anything, we did talk about getting married-"

"And you're engaged?! What have you done with my Vanessa?" Bria teases.

"Honestly I think the time apart is what we needed. I love him."

"I'm-"Bria stops as she notices the door to Dwayne is wide open. Glass all over the pavement. "Vanessa I'm going to have to call you later."

Bria hangs up the phones and quickly walks inside. The place was trashed. Glass on the floor, tables moved and broken bats on the floor.

In a booth, sat Mr Turner with an ice bag on his hand. "Bria-"

"Mr Turner, are you okay? What happened?" She asks, sitting across from him.

"19th street." He said.

"Why would they attack you? You haven't done anything to them." She asks.

"They had an exchange of words with Ray earlier and I got in the middle." He takes a swig of the brown liquid. "It's a good thing you weren't here."

"You need protection, Mr Turner. I know you and my dad don't like Oscar but he can protect you from 19th street." Bria suggests.

"I've owned this business for years and never needed protection."

"Times have changed, Mr. Turner. I'll call Oscar."Bria looks at Mr Turner for a little bit before walking away to make the call.

"Look who decided to call me back." He said, answering on the second ring.

Bria rolls her eye, "Not now, come down to job. I think Mr. Turner needs to talk to you."

"I need to talk to you." He said.

Bria hangs up the phone and places it in her back pocket. She walks back over to her boss. "Oscar is on his way." She said. "I'm gonna go find a first aid kit."

"Check the closet by my office." He said.

Bria nods before leaving Mr. Turner by himself. 19th street was out of control and needs to be stopped. She heads into the back to see it looked no different from the front. She shook her head and grabs the first aid kit from the closet.