15

"Over here Bria!" Bria waves and walks towards a small booth

"Hey, sorry I'm a little late Ms Randle. I got a little lost." Bria said, getting settled in her seat.

"Bria, I told you to call me Marly and you're fine. I'm just glad you were able to meet me." Marly said. "I actually have a proposition for you."

Bria raises her eyebrow, "I'm listening."

Marly chuckles, "Well a friend of mine is hosting a show. He's looking for fresh new pieces from new talent." She said, "I want you submit 3 new pieces of art work."

"I honestly don't know what to say." Bria said, with a huge smile on her face.

"Say you and your pieces will be at the show in February."

Bria nods, "We will definitely be there. Thank you!" She said.

"I have an old studio out in Freeridge you can use if you want. I haven't used it in years and you need bigger space to create."

"Oh my god," Bria stood up and hugged Marly! "Thank you!"

"It's not a problem Bria. You have amazing talent and I think you can go far."

✨✨✨✨✨

"I'm so proud of you Bumble Bee!"

"Dad, I don't even know what I'm gonna do! I have to come up with 3 new art pieces for the show! What if suck?!"

"Baby relax!" Monty said, chuckling.

"Dad it's not funny. My art career is at stake here!"

"You art pieces will be fine." Her dad assures. "This could be your ticket out of Freeridge."

Bria sighs, "I know." She said.

"What are your plans for this evening?"Monty asks.

"I'm gonna hang out with the girls and celebrate the good news."

"Be safe please." Monty pleads, "Bring Monse the phone."

Bria nods and walks upstairs. Monse takes the phone, "Hey dad."

Bria walks out of the room and walks into the living room. "Have you checked in the cookies?"

"Shit!" Cesar said, getting off of the couch.

Bria shakes her head before going down to her room. It's New Year's Eve and all she wants to do is celebrate with her best friends. A great opportunity to start the new year needed celebration.

As she was getting ready, Monse walks into her room. "Dad knows about Cesar and he's gotta go."

"How did he find out?" Bria asks, taking her phone back.

"Cesar walked in." Monse answers. "I don't think he has anywhere to go Bria."

Bria sighs, "We still have a few days before he comes back. We can figure something out." She said.