20.

7 years ago.....

Bria laid in her new bed. She finally convinced her father into getting her own room. Although the love for her little sister was real, she didn't didn't want to share a room with a 7 year old.

After a lot of begging and pleading, Monty gave in and remodeled the basement for Bria. With Bria becoming a young woman, she needed her space. Anything to make his children happy.

As Bria got comfy in her bed, there was a knocking sound on the window. She looks up to see Oscar there. He looked upset. She quickly gets up and opens the window.

"Can I come in?"

Bria nods, "yeah, but make it quick before my dad comes down." She said, extending the window.

Oscar climbs in the small window and landing on a stool. He jumps down and sits on Bria's bed. "He's gone."

Bria raises her brow, "who's gone?"

"My dad. He just got arrested and they say he's going away for a long time." He said, holding back his tears.

Bria walks over and hugs Oscar, "I'm sorry Oscar."

"I was suppose to go to that magnet school but how am I suppose to go? I can't leave Cesar." He cries. "I don't know what to do. I'm just a kid."

Bria sighs and hugs him tighter. "It's gonna be okay. I can take care of Cesar while you're gone."

Oscar pulls away and looks at Bria. "I can't let you do that."

"Oscar you're incredibly smart and a gift like that shouldn't go unnoticed." She said.

"But your art-"

"Let's be real, drawing probably won't get mr anywhere." She said. "Just promise you'll come back and visit."

Oscar smirks, "well can I spend the night?"

Bria smiles , "Yeah, but you gotta hide if my dad comes in." She said, reaching for a pillow.

✨✨✨✨

"This your girl?" Ray ask, pacing around the living area. Ray is Oscar and Cesars father. He just did a few years in prison and now he's home.

Oscar just looks at him but Bria steps in. "I'm Bria. Don't know if you remember me from down the street."

"Oh yeah. You've really grown up." Ray said. Oscar clears throat.

"So when did you get out?" Cesar asks, changing the subject.

"Yesterday." Ray answers, still looking around the house.

"How was the trip down?"

"Long." Ray takes one last scan of the living room. "Looks the same; even smells the same."

Bria looks at Oscar, who's expression hasn't changed since his father was discovered across the street. Ray coming back was the last thing Oscar needed.

Ray slowly takes a seat in the remaining chair. Oscar leans forward to push the ashtray close to Ray. Instead, his father flicks his ash in a bottle cap. Oscar nods in disgust before wrapping his arm around Bria once more. .

Ray looks at his youngest, "You in school?" He asks.

As Cesar goes to respond, Oscar spoke up. "Of course he is." 

Ray looks at Oscar, "How about you? Going to college?"

"Seriously?" Oscar asks. Bria grabs his hand and starts caressing the top.

"It's nice to see you." Cesar said. Ray gives a small smile. "Do you have any plans?"

Ray shakes his head, "no." He said. "Just wanted to see you guys before heading up to Bakersfield. Got a job lined up."

"Oh." Cesar said before clearing his throat.

"Cesar you need to get to school." Oscar said, staring at his dad.

"I'll see you later." Cesar said as he grabs his bag. He gets up from his way and heads to the door. "Hey, do you maybe, uhhh...i don't know, wanna hang? After school?"

Ray looks up at Cesar and grins, "Sure."

"Cool." Cesar takes a breath of relief before walking out the door. Leaving Bria with the tension of father and son. Ray opens his of cigarettes to offer Oscar one. His son just looks at him in disgust.

"So Ray-"

"So where are you staying?" Oscar asks.

"Here." Ray answers, taking a drag of his cigarette. Oscar runs his hand across his face before clearing his throat and leaving the living room.

Bria watched as Oscar walks to his bedroom, slamming the door behind him. She looks at Ray who's looking at her. "You must be really tired from the bus ride. I'm gonna just get out of your way." She said, getting off the couch. She makes her way to Oscar's room, where he's laying on the bed.

"If I didn't already have enough shit on my plate." He said.

Bria climbs on the bed and sits next to Oscar. "He's only here for a few days."

"He shouldn't have come back." Oscar said.

She reaches for Oscars hand. "No he shouldn't have but at least give Cesar the chance to know him. With everything that just happened, he needs this."

Oscar looks at Bria and sighs, "Fine. Cesar will see his true colors."

Bria sighs. She was about to tell Oscar about the meeting with his boss but the whole Ray thing happened. Now definitely wasn't a good time.

✨✨✨✨✨✨

"I appreciate you making my graduation dress. It looks absolutely wonderful." Bria said, looking in the mirror.

"Can't believe you're graduating. I remember when you were just a little girl." Abuelita said with a smile. "Such an Angel."

Bria grins before taking a hit from the joint. She inhales and passes it to abuelita. "I can't believe it either. All the sleepless nights and stress were worth it."

"What are your plans after?"

Bria sighs and sit down on the stool. "I'm going to tell you something but you can tell anyone especially my father."

Abuelita places the joint in the ashtray, "what's wrong?"

"So I want to leave Freeridge and start fresh. This place will always home but I've got to get out while I still can. Only thing stopping me is the leader of the Santos." Bria explains. "I was approached to join the Santos."

"Bria!"

"She's not giving me much of an option. I want to tell Oscar but he's got a lot on his plate. I just don't know what to do." Bria looks down and she could feel the tears coming.

Abuelita raises Bria's chin, "You've got to tell Oscar. He's got to put an end to this."

✨✨✨✨✨✨

A/N; Sorry another fluff chapter. I've been thinking about writing another OMB love story. Thought about giving Jamal and Oscar a love interest....it's an idea.

Next Chapter:
-Bria's Graduation
-Day at the Pool/Festival
-Cuchillos