Different

Yunmeng – Lotus Pier.

Jiang Cheng stretched his limbs after he finished signing the last document he had today. He looked outside when her heard the birds chirping. He saw it was perched on the edge of the roof. His eyes went wide when he saw it fell. He jumped outside and reached his hands out, catching it as it falls in his palm. "Ah – " he said and frowned when his back his the floor, his shoulder and up is out of the floor. He peeked and sighed, relieved, when he saw his hair is tied in a bun. His hair and the purple ribbon wouldn't touch the lake water which is just right below the back of his head. He blew out air as he sat up, the bird on his palm. "You're troublesome." He frowned as he let the bird fly. Earlier he saw its wing is bent when it tried to fly. Now, it seemed like it fixed itself. He watched as the bird happily flew away, chirping again. "Falling, huh...?" he muttered as he stood up. It's really great to fall, but only to the right people. He thought as he fixed his clothes. However, it's best to fall if there's someone to catch you... he thought, his eyes became dim. More so when you were not prepared, love will strike you making you fall... and when you were prepared... he lowered his head. "I hope I'm like that bird... able to fly when it finally fixed itself... however – " He turned around when the wind blew. He felt the ribbon tying his hair loosened, until it was blown away by the wind. His long black hair gracefully fell on his back like a splash of ink, painting a beautiful but lonely back of the figure on purple robes. " – no matter how I fix myself... the pain is still there... making me unable to fly... making me unable – " he closed his eyes.

His tears fell together with the last strand of his hair.

Few days ago...

"Jiang Cheng! Jiang Cheng!!!" a loud and, obviously annoying, voice called.

A vein automatically popped on Jiang Cheng's head. He has mountains of papers to be done – considering there're two sects, and great sects at that, he is managing. "What?" he snapped when he saw Wei Wuxian entered his office. "If you're just entering, then enter quietly. Who would know if I am doing something so sensitive and critical – " he said, referring to important documents.

" – like reaching a climax - ?" Wei Wuxian asked as he stopped in front of him.

Another vein popped in Jiang Cheng's forehead as he glared at Wei Wuxian. His eyes narrowed as the Zidian ring sparked. "No. Like I'm about to pull the guts of an annoying but dense person – " he said as he smirked, pissed. Wei Wuxian's existence already irritates him. Him breathing irritates him more. Him speaking irritates him the most. But what took it all is that Wei Wuxian looked so innocent despite the words coming out of his mouth!

"Oh. Is that so?" Wei Wuxian just said as he sat across Jiang Cheng.

See? Jiang Cheng thought, his eye and the corner of his lips twitching as he holds back not to stab the guy. "Why the hell are you here?" he asked him and frowned as he continued his work. "Ah Ling's not here, if that's what you – "

Wei Wuxian cut him off, waving his hand. "Ah, no, no. I know Ah Ling is not here. He and the GusuLan juniors went for a trip with Wen Ning - ." He said, then stopped when he saw Jiang Cheng's dark aura. "Ahahahaha. I am here to ask you something." He said, immediately changing the subject.

Jiang Cheng calmed down. He knows the 'damage' has been done so no use fussing over it. He'll deal the 'damage' after. "What?" he asked.

Wei Wuxian put down the liquor on the table. He leaned his elbow on the table, then put his cheek on his palm. He sighed. "Lan Zhan told me not to use resentful energy anymore." He said, pouting.

"Coz you shouldn't." Jiang Cheng flatly said.

Wei Wuxian hissed at him, frowning. "I don't want to, too, since I never wanted to use this from the start..." he said, then stopped. "Anyway, I wanted to help Lan Zhan deal with a fierce corpse they recently caught. It has the same amount of resentful energy like Chifeng-zun before. However, Lan Zhan got mad at me. He told me to wait for him in the jingshi. I was upset. I only wanted to help. And so, I went here." He explained, pouting.