Attention

Jiang Cheng mentally grimaced when he saw his disciples are looking away from him and gets themselves busier. His forehead knotted, but he's fine with it since they'll just get better with their training. However, he stopped when he saw that one of them, for a brief moment, his eyes swept past his neck and immediately looked away after a second. Supposedly, he should instinctively hold his neck. However, for a split second he remembered what's on his neck – a bite Lan Xichen gave him earlier. He could feel his face is reddening. He walked faster.

"Oh my god. Our sect leader finally has a lover – "

"Yes, ah! I'm so happy for sect leader – " he heard them whispered to each other. Just like that and the whole Lotus Pier knew that he has a lover. The news traveled faster than Wei Wuxian run away from the sight of a dog.

Remembering his brother, he stopped. He just reached the pavilion by the lake. He pulled his robe to hide the bite, but to no avail. His face went red again and sighed. He'll just explain to Wei Wuxian later when he sees him. For now... he thought and turned when snow-white robes flashed before him. Lan Xichen appeared in front of him, smiling brightly, mounting his sword Shuoye. Earlier, after Lan Xichen fixed his hair Lan Xichen excused himself and told him he'd be going to the Cloud Recesses. He just gave him a nod. He thought the guy would immediately leave so he turned to leave, too. For some reason, the sight of the back of Lan Xichen... it makes his heart hurt.

However, he didn't expect that the man would pull him back, turned him to face him and kissed him. He felt his face immediately burned and his eyes went wide. He felt his head blew up when Lan Xichen left a thread of saliva between their lips, then licked it.

"I'll be taking my leave now, Wanyin." Lan Xichen said as he kissed him again, deeper this time.

Jiang Cheng felt he wouldn't have stop had not he pushed him away when he felt he's out of air. Is he a kissing monster?! He thought as he stared at Lan Xichen in shock. He could feel his lips are throbbing and gone numb. Lan Xichen, however, just chuckled and kissed his forehead. Jiang Cheng felt his heart beat fast as Lan Xichen hugged him tight. He closed his eyes, knew that Lan Xichen would leave. He felt like a whole lifetime of him was spent. When he opened his eyes, Lan Xichen was gone. The warmth of him still lingered on his skin and he hugged himself. Suddenly, he missed him. What's good is that, he doesn't have to see him leave. It'll just make him miss him more.

His face flushed once again at the sight of the man's face. He looked away, his heart beating faster as the man nears him. However, it's not because of fear but because of... excitement? His eyes went wide, surprised at his thought and so he stepped back.

The moment he saw him stepped back, Lan Xichen stopped in his tracks. His smile lessened. "Wanyin." He called, his voice gentle. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

Jiang Cheng glanced at him. "I – " he said and immediately cleared his throat when his voice shook. "I'm fine." he answered and lowered his gaze. Unconsciously, he touched us neck where the bite is.

Lan Xichen's smile became wider and his eyes became darker as his gaze heated, fixed on Jiang Cheng's neck. "Wanyin." He called, excitement bubbling up inside him as he thought of Jiang Cheng's appearance where his hair is down, but he's beneath him and his hair is spread on a white sheet, they're above the bed.

"Hm?" Jiang Cheng said as he turned to him. He saw Lan Xichen is looking afar, a smile on his face. "What?" he asked. What is he smiling about? He thought as he stared at the profile of the side of Lan Xichen's face. He's really handsome... he thought as his eyes travelled from Lan Xichen's hair, to his forehead, to his brows, his eyes, his nose... and his lips. He suddenly felt his throat went dry when he remembered their kiss. Right. We are lovers. He thought as his cheeks burned. Kissing... hugging... it's just natural for lovers. He thought, then suddenly froze. His face became blank as his eyes slightly narrowed. Right. He thought, feeling his heart sinking. We are lovers, but only in name. He lowered his head. We just became lovers because we are both lonely, alone... longing for someone. However... his face became dark. I only long for love. Lan Xichen's case is different. He... have Jin Guangyao before. Jin Guangyao... maybe they were lovers before. He held his chest as an image of Lan Xichen and Jin Guangyao kissing flashed in his mind. Maybe... they've done things more than kissing. Knowing Jin Guangyao's attitude, and Lan Xichen's behaviors recently... maybe... they already did. Just thinking that... he felt like his heard is being twisted violently. Damn it... he cursed. Have I fallen in love with him? He thought as he looked at Lan Xichen. His eyes are closed as he felt the wind. Maybe he's thinking of Jin Guangyao now. Maybe, maybe... he's thinking of Jin Guangyao every time he kisses him. He could feel his tears that're about to fall. Damn it. He cursed as he stepped away from Lan Xichen as if he had seen an enemy. I only agreed to be his lover because I want to experience love! Man or woman, he doesn't care. As long as they care for me... I will love them back. He stopped in his steps when the last sentence registered in his mind. ... I will love them back...? Yes... that's it. He thought as he looked at Lan Xichen. That's... it. I have fallen in love. Unfortunately... he thought when he saw Lan Xichen turned to him and smiled. Does he see Jin Guangyao every time he sees me? Jin Guangyao is the only one in his eyes. He... never have seen me. He thought, then bitterly smiled as he took a step back. However, he didn't feel something beneath his foot he stepped back.