Lesson

(A/N: the angst is here!!! Or it already has in the prev chaps? 😂😂😂 anyways, the 'quotes' are now here too 😂😂😂😂 btw I remember each chap is 5-(short) paged long in MS Word, longer than usual so this takes me longer than I usually update. Hehehehe.)

"Why is it that when you love you have to be hurt?" Wei Wuxian asked. "Why should you undergo pain when you love? Don't we love because we want to be happy? Then why would there be pain? So that we could feel the meaning of love?" he asked. "Then, it's the meaning of pain we will learn, not love. When you love, just love. Not that you have to hurt others – especially the one you love. You like to hurt them to know they love you? Then, you're the one who doesn't truly love them." He said. "You like to hurt them, not love them. Why should you make them suffer? And you, don't you suffer when you see them in pain? Then you don't love them." He finished.

They are both in the pavilion by the lake. The morning Jiang Cheng woke up, he saw Lan Xichen was gone. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji was sleeping on Wei Wuxian's room and immediately went to Jiang Cheng when they heard him cry. They knew something must have happened again – and they really are right. Jiang Cheng was filled with hickeys, yet the one who left the hickeys on Jiang Cheng is gone. Lan Wangji immediately set off to Cloud Recesses to look for Lan Xichen.

"Are you done?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"... yes." Wei Wuxian answered.

"... do you have a problem?"

"None."

"Then why did you say it?" Jiang Cheng asked.

Wei Wuxian paused. "... I just felt like it." He just answered and looked away.

A vein popped on Jiang Cheng's forehead. He chose not to fight with him since he's tired – physically, mentally and emotionally. Silence fell between them and they watch the boats afar circling on the lake. After a while they saw two figures in white in the sky coming their way.

Wei Wuxian's face went dark. Jiang Cheng just held his shoulder. Wei Wuxian turned to him and was about to speak, mad, when he saw Jiang Cheng's expression. Pain, sadness is painted on his face. However, those were not the most painful – it's acceptance. Jiang Cheng had long accepted Lan Xichen will never love him back. Wei Wuxian balled his fists and looked at Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen approaching them. Jiang Cheng's grip on his shoulder tightened. Wei Wuxian took a deep breath then smiled, pissed. He laughed out of helplessness. "You really - !" he said, his eyes narrowed as he stood up and went to Lan Wangji to greet his husband when the Twin Jades landed on the plank.

Jiang Cheng sighed. "All of us doesn't want to be hurt. But, there're just things that is hard to avoid - to be hurt. You or them, whoever the reason... whatever the reason... love has no fault - it's the people who love." He muttered as he closed his eyes.

"... do you have a problem?" Lan Xichen asked when he saw Jiang Cheng's peaceful expression.

Jiang Cheng opened his eyes. "None." He answered, his eyes on the floating lotus flowers.

"Then why did you say it?" Lan Xichen quietly asked.

Jiang Cheng smiled. "I just don't want to be hurt." He said.

Lan Xichen's face became serious. "But what if I hurt you unintentionally?" he asked.

"... then - " Jiang Cheng said. "- I'll blame you." He answered.

Hurt passed Lan Xichen's eyes, yet Jiang Cheng didn't see it since Jiang Cheng isn't looking at him. "... will you leave me?" he asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"... because I love you." Jiang Cheng answered.

"I hurt you." Lan Xichen said. I might hurt you, Wanyin... he thought, remembered what happened in the Cloud Recesses earlier.