Chapter 2

Selina sits on her mattress with Cayden In her arms. She looks at the baby and smiles. Over the few days that she has had him she would be lying if she said that she was his mom. Not biological but she knew that if anyone asked she would say she is his mom. Her motherly instincts have kicked in and people would think she is a mom because of the way she acts. Tabitha helps her throughout the day if she isn't doing anything for Barbra and then she is on her own for the night. Selina has though about asking Bruce for help but she knew that at the state he was in at the moment wouldn't be good for Cayden.

Cayden sleep in her arms as she sits and looks out of the window. He was so innocent. Only a few days old. He didn't know what the world was really like. He had so much ahead of him. She had so much ahead of her because she was venturing into a new life. A life of a mother. It sounds weird as she is only 17 but she was ready. She had faced so many bad people fought them. She even has killed people but she had to do what she had to do. She somehow needs to find a way to get out of the life she is in now and leave it behind her. For the safety of Cayden.

Tabitha walks into the apartment and sees Selina holding Cayden. Selina sees her and puts a finger to her lips making sure she doesn't wake Cayden. Selina puts him down in the make shift crib. They leave the room and Selina turns to Tabitha.
"What are you doing here" she asks.
"Well I was giving you this" she says handing her a bag. She opens it and sees more formula and diapers. She looks at Tabitha and smiles.
"Thanks" she says.
"You know over the past few days you have changed. So much it is weird how one person can change so much" she says.
"Well I guess the mother instincts that where hidden inside of me has come out since he came" she says looking back at Cayden.
"You have changed for the better Selina and I know your only 17 but your going to be a great mom" she says. Selina smiles at her.
"Thanks Tabs" she says before hugging her. They hear a cry and they break the hug. Selina walks into the room and picks up Cayden.
"Hey kitten shh it's ok" she says as she rocks the baby. She looks into his eyes and he calms down almost instantly. She turns and sees Tabs smiling.
"Want to go to aunt Tabs" she coos as she walks over to Tabitha. She puts Cayden in Tabitha's arms and smiles. Tabitha smiles.
"I wish butch was still around because I want one" she says. Selina gives her a sympathetic look.
"I'm sorry Tabs" she says.
"It's fine Lina. I'm at a place where I'm fine with what happened" she says. Selina nods.
"How has he been at night with you" she asks. Selina shrugs.
"He's doesn't cry that much only really through the day" she says.
"That's good you need the sleep" she says. Selina nods.
"I know" she says taking Cayden back in her arms.
"Ok well Barbra needs me to do something so I have to go. If you ever need me to take him for a few hours I can" she says. Selina nods.
"Thanks Tabs" she says smiling at the older women. Tabitha smiles at her before leaving the apartment.
"Let's go to sleep kitten" she says walking back to the bedroom.