Chapter 7

Selina walks into the apartment . She puts down her bag on the counter.
"Alfred" she calls. "In here Miss Kyle" he shouts back. Selina walks into the kitchen and sees Alfred feeding Cayden.
"How did the interview go miss Kyle" he asks as he prepares dinner.
"Bruce was the one interviewing me" she says. Alfred turns and raises his eyebrow.
"Bruce what the bloody hell was he doing there".
"The reception lady said that the principle was sick at that I guy who knows who's best to employ was interviewing me and when I walked in it was Bruce" she says.
"I know master Bruce has had ties to the school before but I didn't think it was that big" he says.
"Me neither but he gave me the job so I guess we have to thank him" Selina says. Alfred looks at her.
"You got the job" he asks. She nods. He smiles.
"Well done Miss Kyle" he says.
"Thank you Alfred also I have a shift at the siren tonight so I have to go after dinner do you want me to call lee or will you be fine" she asks.
"I should be fine Miss Kyle" he says. Selina nods.

Alfred's POV
I sit in the sitting room reading a book when there is I knock on the door. I look over at Cayden before grabbing a knife off out of the kitchen and walking toward the door. I open the door a little and see Bruce.
"Bruce what are you doing here" I ask opening the door more.
"Alfred I'm sorry for what I did I know I shouldn't have done it" he says. I raise my eyebrow at him.
"Look I know about the baby that you and Selina are looking after and I just want you to know if you ever need anything to just call me and I will help. Your my friend Alfred. You are like a father to me and I love Selina Ok. I love her. And if I can help you in anyway then I will. If you need me to look after the baby ever you can trust me" he says.
"We can't Bruce because of what your behaviour has been like the past few months. Once we see that you have changed maybe" He says.
"I understand. I screwed up I will show you that I have changed. I promise" he says before walking away.

Selina's POV
Selina walks around the bar picking up glasses and bringing them back behind the bar to be cleaned.
"So Selina I heard you got a job at the school" Barbara says as she sits at the bar.
"Yeah I need the money to look after Cayden" she says as she puts a glass down.
"So your really going to leave your life of crime behind for some baby" she says.
"Barbara when you have your own kid to look after you might understand" Selina says.
"Who says I'm ever going to have a kid. Maybe I'm just never going to get married or have a baby ever" Barbara says.
"And anyway the baby is an orphan that you took" she says. Selina slams a glass on the bar.
"Barbara just shut up Ok" Selina says as she turns and walks out of the bar.