Chapter 6

Selina wakes up to the sound of Cayden crying. She gets up and walks over to him.
"Hey shh it's ok kitten it's ok" she says. After a few minutes he calms down. She opens her bedroom door and walks over to the kitchen. She opens the fridge and grabs a bottle of formula and then feeds Cayden.
"Morning Miss Kyle" Alfred says as he walks into the kitchen.
"Morning Alfred" she says.
"I see your feeding the little minx is there anything that you need me to get while you are at the interview" he asks.

"I just need some more formula thank you alfred" she says as she turns to him. He nods his head.
"Very well then miss Kyle" he says. She puts the bottle down. "Alfred can you take him while i go get dressed for the interview" she asks. He nods his head before taking Cayden out of her arms and into his.
"You get changed and then i will drop you off at the school"he says. She nods.
"Thank you Alfred" she says.
"Miss Kyle I have got you some clothes they are in the bedroom for you" he says. She smiles.
"thank you" she says.

Selina walks out in Her outfit.

Alfred turns to her and smiles

"Very Well presented Miss Kyle. Now shall we leave" Alfred says. Selina nods before taking Cayden out of Alfred arms and they walk out of the apartment.

Selina walks up to the school. She goes to the reception.
"Ahh you must be Miss Kyle. If Linda now mr Hawthorne is not in today so we have someone who know what to do very well. If you follow me I will bring you to the office" she says. Selina nods her head before following the women.

Linda opens the door and walks in a little.
"Sir she is here" she says.
"Thank you Linda" he says. She closes the door and Selina stands there. The man turns and looks at Selina.
"Selina" he says.
"Bruce" she says as she looks at him.
"What are you doing here" she asks.
"The headteacher is sick and I know what people are the right fit for the job so I am working today" he says. She nods.
"So have you done with the drinking" she asks.
"Selina this is not time to catch up" he says.
"Well why isn't it because Why would a street rat be interviewing for a job at a school" she says. He looks at her.
"It May have crossed my mind" he says.
"Well Alfred is living with me and I am looking for a job to support us as he doesn't have a lot of money which he should after everything that he has done for you" she says.
"Selina I'm going through a hard time right now and you telling me this is not helping" he says.
"Well get what Bruce it's the truth and someone needs to tell you it" she says. He looks at her.
"Ok Fine Thank you for the truth now can we please go onto the interview" he asks.
"Fine" Selina says as she sits down on the chair. Bruce sits and looks at her.
"What do you want this job for" he asks.
"I need the money to support me and a friend. Also I want to help the children".
"What are your good qualities".
"I am good with children and I keep to the task at hand" she says. Bruce raises his eyebrows at her.
"What" she asks.
"When have you ever been good with kids Selina you have never even been with one" he asks.
"Well If you must know I am looking after a baby. That's why I need this job" she says. He leans forward on his chair. He was shocked.
"What do you mean you are looking after a kid Selina. Who's it's parents" he asks.
"I don't know B. That night after I talked to you in the club I found a baby in a bag in an alley and I have been looking after him for the past week or so" she says.
"That's why you need the job" he says coming to realisation.
"I'm trying to start a clean page. To get rid of my past and look after this baby. The money from the job here should be able to get us a nicer apartment in a better area of the city and to give us food. I am working part time at the sirens club" she says.
"Why didn't you call me. I could have helped". She laughs.
"Bruce you have been going around drinking every night. I don't want my baby to be around someone like that and Alfred agrees. Your not ready. Maybe when you have stopped this I may be get you to help me. But until then me and Alfred and going to be doing it on our own" she says. She stands up and walks to the door.
"You start on Monday. I will tell the principal that I will be there to help you" he says. Selina smirks before opening the door and leaving.