Chapter 8

"Aren't you excited to see me?" he asks while hugging me tightly.

"Yes, of course I am" I fake smile at him and look back again at Mia.

Why does she let Hunter into our apartment? How does she know what Hunter looks like? Why is he here? Why did he not call that he came by? There are so many questions shooting through my head, but I am taken out of my mind when I hear my mother's voice.

"Rose!" she says enthusiastically.

"Mom!" I turn around and look at her.

"I'll leave you guys alone" Mia says, and grabs her bag.

"Wait" I tell her and she turns around. "Can we talk later?" I ask quietly.

She nods. "Sure" but doesn't sound enthusiastic.

"Thank you" I say and she leaves the apartment.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask and look back at my mom and Hunter.

"We wanted to surprise you!" he tells us. He walks back towards me and gives me a kiss.

I have to feel something when he kisses me, but I don't feel anything, I feel empty. He doesn't set my body on fire, not the way I am used to with Shawn. He lets me feel things I've never felt before. Even though we've never kissed before, I feel lively when I'm near him. When I'm with him I feel a lot of emotions, even the bad ones.

I think back to yesterday, the way he touched me, my whole body was numb, in a good way. The way he whispered things in my ear, it gave me goose bumps. My heart beats faster when I think about it, no, I can't feel this. I hate Shawn. I have to hate him. He said I was crazy, I can't ruin his reputation. I also have to respect myself, he thinks he can get everyone, but not me. I will not become one of the hundreds of girls he has fucked. I must protect my heart from him.

"What are you thinking about?" Hunter asks, I'm being taken out of my thoughts.

"Nothing" I lie and smile at him.

"Did something happen? You're so quiet" he asks.

I shake my head. "No, if anything had happened, I'd already told you."

I hate to lie to him, because he knows everything about me, but he should not know this. It will break his heart and he won't leave me alone, don't misunderstand me, I love that he is worried, only sometimes he is too worried.

"How long will you stay here?" I ask my mother.

She looks at me and shrugs. "No idea, we wanted to explore Delaware, and wanted to take you with us."

"Have you already left the campus?" she asks.

I have to lie to her now, I can't tell her about Shawn. I don't want to lie to my mother, not after what happened last year. But she will get crazy when I tell her about Shawn.

"No, didn't have time for it" I lie to her and give her a smile.

I've never lied to these two people in my life, I've been here for a few days now and I'm already changing.

"That's a good thing, because then we'll do it together" she says enthusiastically.

"They gave you a nice apartment, how was your first lesson?" Hunter asks.

"Yes, the apartment is not bad. My first lesson was okay, I met Luke, he is nice" I say to Hunter.

Hunter is not the type that becomes jealous, he is always very calm when I talk about other boys.