Chapter 2

The next day...

"Have you heard? Im Youngmin and Lee Naeun broke up as a couple."

"No way! Really?!"

"What a pity. They were literally the cutest couple at school."

"Who decided to break up?!"

"Lee Naeun dumped Im Youngmin."

These gossips were the only things I hear as I walked past students who were whispering to each other when they spotted me alone. Apparently, the news about my breakup with Naeun was spread as fast as how fast Usain Bolt sprinted the 100 meters...

I ignored them and made my way to my locker. When I almost reached it, I stood still as I saw my ex making out with the school's heartthrob, Kang Daniel. My heart broke into a million pieces and I didn't even bother to grab some stuff from my locker anymore. I made my way to the classroom and sat by the window. Tears were uncontrollably streaming down from my eyes. I quietly sniffed and faced the window so my classmates couldn't see I was crying.

...

It was lunchtime. Normally, I would go to the canteen and meet up with Naeun. But since we broke up, I couldn't anymore...

I was the only one who stayed in the classroom. I grabbed my lunch and started eating. After that, I realised I had to go to my locker to grab my things for the next subjects. I sighed and packed everything before leaving the classroom.

By my locker, I spotted my ex again making out with the oh-so-famous Kang Daniel. I sighed again and decided to face them instead of running away like a coward.

"Uhm... May I reach my locker, please?" I asked.

"Oh! Youngmin-sshi, of course you can! Go on ahead!" Naeun laughed and moved away while pecking Daniel's lips.

I tried to look at them in disgust (but failed), opened my locker and got my things quickly before closing it with a loud slam. Then, I walked away with tears welling up in my eyes again.

'Aish! I have to stop getting depressed about Naeun already! Get yourself together, Im Youngmin!'

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I even bumped into someone, making me lose balance and let my books fall on the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" I bowed and bend down to gather my books together. The same person who I bumped into also bend down and helped me gather my things.

"It's okay, don't apologize."

'Wait... This voice... It's familiar...'

I slowly looked up, only to meet the same pair of extremely beautiful eyes I saw yesterday.

"Y-You're..." I stammered.

"Oh? So we meet again..." she smiled.