Chapter 9

A month has passed by... Sometimes, I really wished time could go slower or even better just stop. Heeyoung only had a month left and it made me devastated.

'I'm not ready to let go of her...'

As I was about to go out, I got called by Heeyoung's father

(For your information, I call Heeyoung's parents dad and mom, because they simply told me to since I'm Heeyoung's boyfriend).

"Hello? Dad?"

"Youngmin, come to the hospital immediately. It's about Heeyoung..." dad told me.

"Okay, I'm on my way!" I hung up and immediately went out. I took the train to Seoul, while I felt panic and worry flooding in my gut.

'Please... Be safe, Heeyoung...'

...

I arrived at Seoul Hospital and immediately entered the building to meet Heeyoung's parents. They were in the waiting room. Mom was crying while dad tried to comfort her.

"Mom! Dad! What happened to Heeyoung?!" I asked them while panting for air.

"Heeyoung is in the ICU. She fainted while we were about to eat lunch. Apparently, she was clutching her chest when she fainted so we immediately called the ambulance. Her heart... almost stopped beating..." dad told me the whole story.

'No, no, no... This can't be...'

I need to breath... I sat down on a couch and breathed in and out slowly.

'Heeyoung is dying this quick? It can't be! She still had a whole month to go. A whole month before her death! Why is it suddenly shortened?! Why, God?! Explain to me, please... Please do not take Heeyoung away from me...'

Tears were streaming down from my eyes and I tried to wipe them away, but more tears kept flooding out of them. I started sobbing like a child as dad and mom tried to comfort me.

'Please... God... I need Heeyoung in my life...'

2 hours later...

I was anxiously waiting for any news about Heeyoung with mom and dad (Heeyoung's parents if you still don't know). A doctor came out of the ICU-room. We immediately stood up and bowed to him.

"Hello doctor, how is Heeyoung doing?" mom asked.

"Are you her guardians?" the doctor asked.

"Yes, I'm her mother, this is my husband and this young man is her boyfriend." mom told him.

"Okay, Heeyoung just woke up. Her condition is stable right now." the doctor told us.

We felt relieved the moment he told us such good news, but the next few words he told us made my world crumble.

"Heeyoung... can only live for another 3 days..."

"What... 3 days only? What happened to the one month until her death?" dad asked perplexed.

"It seemed like her heart is starting to get extremely weak. That resulted in her having an unexpected heart attack. An another thing is that her heart is starting to beat slower by the day..." doctor explained.

"Is there a treatment to it? Please, tell me there is a treatment to it." mom begged.

"We are trying really hard, but unfortunately there is no treatment for this yet. I'm really sorry..." the doctor apologised to us.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"You may. Heeyoung is in room 189."

We thanked the doctor and made our way to room 189. Heeyoung's parents told me to go in first, so I entered the assigned room Heeyoung was in. The sight in front of me broke my heart. Many monitors were attached on Heeyoung's left arm, her skin got even paler and she lost so much weight.

'Despite all of that, she's still my beautiful Heeyoung...'

I made my way to her bed and softly held her hand, which was as cold as ice. At this point, I wasn't even surprised anymore...

"Heeyoung? Please, wake up." I softly called out. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. She whispered : "Y-Youngmin?"

I nodded and kissed her cheek. Even her cheek felt so cold...

"Youngmin, am I dying now?" Heeyoung asked.

I couldn't say anything, I just couldn't. Tears were welling up from the corners of my eyes. I tried to wipe them away, but failed as I started to sob.

"Youngmin, please don't cry... You're making me sad as well..." Heeyoung wiped my tears away with her thumb.

"Heeyoung, you can't die... Don't die, please... You're my light... You make my life complete... So please, fight for your life... So we can once become a happy couple again..."