Chapter 4

It's been a few days since Heeyoung and I reunited at school. We became friends like almost immediately. I discovered that she and I were pretty similar in personality. She was calm, quiet and pretty introverted, just like me. She and I were also in the same grade, but she was younger than me by a few months.

What I didn't know was the fact that she's slowly starting to die...

...

It's lunch break right now and since it was a sunny day today, Heeyoung and I decided to meet up outside to eat lunch together.

"Heeyoung-ah!" I happily called her.

There she was, sitting on the ground while leaning against the tree. She turned her head in my direction and waved with her hand.

"Hey, Youngmin." Heeyoung smiled as I sat next to her on the ground.

"Have you been waiting long?" I asked, making her shake her head. "No, not that long."

We started eating our lunch. While we were eating, people started gossiping about us when they walked past us.

"Oh? Youngmin-sunbae found a new girl? I'm so envious..."

"Huh? Really? Wow, they actually suit each other."

"If you ask me, I prefer him with Heeyoung. She's really friendly and nice, unlike Naeun..."

"But hey, how will Youngmin react when he hears that Heeyoung actually is..."

"Hey! We're not supposed to say that!"

That actually caught my interest. What did they mean by that? Is something that is bothering Heeyoung? Does she have some kind of disease? Nah, all of that are nonsense. Or not?

"Oh! Look who we have here! My ex Im Youngmin and his new girlfriend..." Naeun suddenly stood in front of us with Kang Daniel. His arm was around her waist while Naeun's arm was around his.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked in annoyance, while Heeyoung remained silent and just blankly stared at the couple.

"Nothing much, just wondering how you're doing right now after I broke your pathetic heart and soul." Naeun giggled evilly.

Blood started to boil inside me as I gave Naeun a death glare. I felt a hand rub my back, Heeyoung was trying to comfort me.

"Leave us alone, will you? Just go get a room and stay there inside until you two are done eating each other's faces. You're waisting your time with us. Now go! Shoo!" Heeyoung angrily spat and made a hand gesture to shoo them away.

Naeun scoffed and just pulled Daniel along with her, leaving us alone. I was astonished at the fact that Heeyoung could spit fire when she's angry.

"I'm sorry, I just hate people who are bragging about their love life to their exes who are basically suffering from heartbreak..." Heeyoung apologised and gave me a small smile. "You're okay, right?"

"Yeah, I'm okay... Thank you so much, though. She really needed to shut her mouth for once. By the way. I'm shocked you could actually roast people." I started laughing while she laughed along with me.

Little did I know I was slowly starting to like Heeyoung even more...