Chapter 5

Friday...

"Heeyoung-ah, will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?" I asked Heeyoung with hope.

"A date? Uhm... Sure! I'll go with you." Heeyoung smiled.

"Great, text me your address and I'll pick you up."

Saturday...

I nervously stood in front of Heeyoung's house with sweaty palms. I wonder why though, I don't even like her that much, right? I knocked on their door and waited patiently. The door was opened by a tall man, Heeyoung's dad.

"May I help you?"

"Ah, yes... I'm here for Heeyoung." I politely said.

"Ah... You must be the guy who asked our Heeyoung out. Come in, she's getting ready." her dad smiled.

"Sorry for intruding..." I said and entered their house.

"Heeyoung, your boyfriend is here!" her dad yelled.

"Dad! He's not my boyfriend! And okay, tell him to wait in the living room!" Heeyoung yelled back from upstairs.

For some reason, I felt upset about what Heeyoung said but it's the truth. Well, at least for now...

"Who is it, dear? Oh? Hello there, who are you?" a lady asked me. She reminds me of Heeyoung, no wonder Heeyoung's so pretty. She got the looks from her mom...

"Hello misters Shin, I'm Im Youngmin. A friend of Heeyoung. I'm taking her out today." I politely introduced myself and bowed.

"No need to be polite, young man. It's a pleasure to meet you, too! As you have heard, Heeyoung is getting ready right now so make yourself comfortable." her mom smiled.

I nodded and took a seat on the couch, waiting for Heeyoung. 5 minutes later, I heard footsteps coming downstairs and the door was opened by a pretty looking Heeyoung. Her hair was down and she wore a cute outfit.

"I'm sorry, Youngmin. Did you have to wait long?" Heeyoung asked with a guilty look.

"No, it's fine. You look so pretty, by the way." I blurted out, but closed my mouth quickly and faced the ground.

"Awh, look at him being all flustered at our Heeyoung!" her mom squealed.

"Mom..." Heeyoung whined and pulled me up.

"Let them be, dear. Enjoy your date, you two. Heeyoung, be back before dinner, okay?" her dad said.

"Will do! See you guys at dinner!"

...

"So, where are you taking me?" Heeyoung asked me as we walked around the city.

"Uh... I actually have nothing planned in my mind..." I said and rubbed the back of my neck.

"That's fine, I don't mind at all." Heeyoung smiled.

Then, let's go to the arcade and play lots of fun games." I pointed to an arcade. We were looking around, thinking about what to play.

"What shall we play?" I asked Heeyoung.

"Uhm... I want to try that." Heeyoung pointed to the basketball game.

"Let's have a bet. The loser has to buy lunch." I smirked, knowing that I will win easily from her.

"Okay, deal!"

...

Just as I thought, I won easily from Heeyoung. She pouted and crossed her arms. "It's not fair... You're a basketball player, while I'm not..." I laughed and hugged her shoulders before dragging her to the food store.

"Well, what do you want to eat?" she asked me.

"Since I won the game, I'll let you choose our lunch." I smiled. Heeyoung ordered our food and we ate it before leaving the arcade.

It was slowly starting to get late and Heeyoung had to be back at home before dinner, which was at 6. I walked Heeyoung home, but our hands would bump each other frequently. I would glance at it a few times, wondering whether it was a good choice to hold it or not. And just as I was about to hold it...

"Hey... Youngmin..." Heeyoung called me.

"Yeah?" I glanced at Heeyoung, but something was wrong. Instead of looking at Heeyoung's bright face, a worried and distant look was replaced by it.

'What happened to the bright Heeyoungie?'

"What's wrong?" I stood in front of her and held her shoulders.

"Youngmin, promise me this. No matter what, do not fall in love with me..."