carter's pov

People had started coming in just as I had finished setting up the bar. As they turned the corner into the kitchen, I saw that it was my best friend Ben and a few random girls.

"Hey Carter what's popping!" Ben greeted me, pulling me into a bro hug.

"Nothing much what about you? Who's the entourage?" I gestured to the girls behind him.

"This is Grace, Emily, and Stacie. My dates for tonight," he winked at me. I shook my head and laughed.

"Well you're the first one here per usual so you get first dibs at the patio furniture, you should go take advantage of it."

"Will do. Right this way ladies," Ben put his arms around the two girls next to him and walked to the back yard.

At this point more people started trickling in. I checked my phone to see if Vicky had texted me yet.

V💋
Just left. Zander is dd and he's taking foreverrrrr to do anything

I giggled to myself before I put my phone down and began making myself a drink. I went ahead and made Vicky one too for when she got here.

I mixed together some blue raspberry vodka and sprite, a concoction that was one of her favorites, and threw in some ice as well. As for me I made a rum and coke mix.

I had just completed my bartender duties when I heard the familiar bickering of Hayley and Zander that I have grown to recognize over the past month.

Sure enough I looked up to see the whole gang walking towards me. However when I saw Victoria, my jaw almost dropped. She was wearing a white foe fur jacket and a tight black dress with doc martins and looks just absolutely stunning.

"Hey baby," she said as she walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"You look amazing," I told her before lifting her chin up and kissing her.

"Oh get a room," Zander joked.

Both Victoria and I looked at him and stuck our tongues out and touched them together. We were trying to be serious, but couldn't help but laugh.

"I made you a drink," I told her, handing her the cup.

She took as sip, and smiled. "My favorite — you remembered!"

"Of course," I smiled back.

"Carter I never knew you had a karaoke machine!" Amelia exclaimed, pointing the backyard where people had already started "preforming."

"Oh yeah. Let's go!"

-

About three hours later, Vicky and I were pretty plastered. We were in the perfect in between of tipsy and not being able to stand or speak.

I went up behind her while she danced on the dance floor and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I've got a surprise for you upstairs, how about we go check it out," I whispered in her ear.

I heard her giggle and turn around to face me before she bit her lip and nodded.

I grabbed her hand a led her through the party, up the stairs, and to the door of my bedroom where I had to enter the padlock code before we could go in.

"Okay, close you eyes," I told her. I double checked the display on my bed and made it perfect before I told her to open her eyes. "Alright, look."

She removed her hands from her face to see what I had gotten her, and she lit up with joy when she saw it. On the bed I had a huge bouquet of flowers, and the collage of pictures I made of us, all put into one frame.

"Oh my goodness baby I love it!" She exclaimed, proving it with a kiss.

Finally alone, (and drunk) the kiss quickly escalated into much more, and then that escalated to much more.

After we had gotten it all out of our system, we laid next to each other, breathless. We turned to look at each other.

"You are so beautiful," I told her, admiring her.

"How the hell did I get so lucky?" She blushed.

We both exchanged these drunken compliments back and forth until we fell asleep, wrapped in each other's arms.