Chapter 6-Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it

Chapter 6

Joe’s POV

I have a bad feeling. She wasn’t really happy but she was coming to talk to David I guess. I can swear I see evil on her face.

‘’I though I heard the wretch’s voice but I wasn’t sure but I guess I was right.’’

‘’Hmmm’’ David tried to say something but…

‘’Unlike you, some of us have real jobs and no time for wasting. But how would someone like you understand it?’’

‘’Why are you talking like this?  Why don’t you like me?’’

‘’I like making fun of stupid people and I don’t have reasons to like you. But I can dislike you easily.’’

I don’t understand her. Is she always like this? Me & Joleon were just listening to this conversation and looking at each other. He wasn’t  quite sure to understand a thing.

‘’I just wanted to ask you about Blair…’’

She didn’t  let him finish the sentence.

‘’Of course, what else would you want from me? Pity definitely not. I’m sure that you get plenty of that anyway.’’

‘’I’m sorry. This was a bad idea….’’

“I am the one who should be sorry….so you’re asking me about Blair? I wonder why. I mean you know that she is in New York. But I do not understand why are you asking me that? “

‘’She is in New York?’’

“Yeah, you didn’t know?’’

I thought Blair & David were supposed to keep seeing each other. Mia tried to look surprised, but it was obviously just a nice act. She had that bitchy smile on her face. I don’t like that kind of girls.

‘’No, I didn’t. When? When did she leave?’’

‘’Yesterday.’’

‘’Oh ok. Thank you, sorry for bothering you.’’

‘’Too little, too late. Have a nice day, I’m sure I will.’’

Then she saw me. Again that look. She was about to say something to me. Then she turned around and left. There is just something about her and I don’t know why. I liked it, but her attitude. She is mean. I don’t understand her attitude towards David. She obviously was having fun. I didn’t find it funny at all. Then I remember that I kissed her the other night. But that doesn’t change anything. She was even nice that evening probably cuz she was drunk.

David told Joleon everything about him and Blair.

“But who the hell is this? Why was she talking like that?’’-Joleon was confused

One hour later

“So what are you gonna do now?’’ I asked David

“I don’t know”.”

‘’Did she trick me?’’

‘’I don’t know. She seemed ok that morning. You two were getting along just fine. But she was one night stand, right? In that case, well you know what I’m trying to say.’’

‘’I know. I can’t believe I was such a fool. But her friend…Mia or Devil whoever she is…she is such a….mean person.’’

‘’I wish she was not.’’

‘’What?’’

‘’Nothing.’’

Mia’s POV

We had a very successful meeting with our clients from Hong Kong. I love my job. I love insurance. I love everything about it. Because after all that’s all I’ve got left.’

I could see Richard’s lesson coming.

‘’Go on Richard say it. Say it that I’ve become more heartless than I used to be. Say it. I want to hear it. I want to believe it’s true.  I need to hear it. Because… I’m not.’’

‘’You were mean to that guy. But whatever. You can do whatever you want. Humiliate people, make them feel miserable…yes you’re good at it. You’re not that heartless. But you’re becoming it. I can see a lot in your eyes. You’re not heartless but you hate everything Mia. You do. Everything has to be perfect. You fire people cuz they’re not good enough. For you. Not for the company. You were mean to that guy only cuz you saw that you can hurt him easily. He is into Blair, otherwise he wouldn’t dare to call you. Oh yes you make people fear you easily.’’

‘’Thank you, but that sounds so lame. Partly true.’’

‘’If you keep doing the things you do you will lose your friends Mia. You will be sad.’’

‘’Me? Sad? That is so stupid. Why are you....whatever. I don’t have friends. Real friends. I don’t believe in them. I can’t be sad over something I never had.’’

‘’What about Marco? Blair?’’

‘’I don’t want to talk about Blair. She is like me. I can’t be friends with myself. She lost herself but I’m not gonna lose myself. And Marco, he is in the past. I don’t need anyone.’’

‘’If you say so.’’

‘’ I’m strong.  That’s all I need. You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have. I learned that lesson Richard.’’