saint potter - chapter two

draco was restless, he just simply could not sleep. his head was racing with thoughts at night, his life was chaotic, but of course, everyone's concentration was on the chosen one, the boy who lived, the golden boy,

saint potter.

no one really cared about anything else but harrys heroic movement, everything he did somehow ended up in the prophet. draco couldn't care less about anything else.

draco couldn't have been less interested in the dark lords orders; he was rapidly becoming obsessed with harry potter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

draco sat up straight, looking  around. he saw blaise sleeping in the bed next to him, snoring quietly, whereas on the opposite side was gregory, snoring loudly. draco sat up silently and grabbed his coat. he needed some air.

he got down to the lake, sitting against a tree lazily. he felt like he was being watched, but sat humming to himself.

"malfoy?" he heard a voice. he bolted up, wand in hand. then, he saw a lightly illuminated wand tip, followed by some glasses, crystal-like green eyes, a mop of messy hair and a small lightning scar.

it was potter.

"oh, its saint potter" he said, trying to sound intimidating, but resulting in a voice crack.

"what are you doing out here?" harry asked, looking the blonde in the eye.

draco hesitated. he wasn't actually going to tell potter why he was out here. of course

"i could ask you the same." he said, softening his voice slightly.

"i couldn't sleep..." harry walked closer.

"same." he said, almost looking bored.

they stared at each other. he thought to himself

he is a good looking bloke. his hair was messy and kind of cute. his eyes were an easy target to get someone to lose concentration. the way his lips sat perfectly, they looked soft.

draco covered his mouth in shock.

"what?" harry asked, looking a tiny bit worried.

"nothing that should concern you, potter" he spat,  

"oh right..." harry sounded hurt. which stunned draco.

they sat there in awkward silence, after what seemed forever, harry sat next to draco.

"how... you seemed, distracted lately, malfoy. whats up?" harry asked casually, as if they were mutually friends.

"thats not your prob-" harry cut him off. "i asked you a question, i request an answer." harry said softly, but dangerously. draco sighed.

"potter, you wouldn't understand... it would be to hard to explain... neglect is a hard concept to explain." the slytherin said quietly.

"i... i would understand..." harry said, nearly whispering. draco raised his voice.

"oh yeah? the chosen one, the boy who lived, faced neglect. everyone loves you potter. so dont act like you'd know what its like. your muggle family treat you like a ki-" harry interrupted him. 

"dont finish that sentence." harry said dangerously. draco was confused. "oh yeah, my muggle 'family' just love me malfoy. yeah" harry said throwing a rock into the lake. 

"i- what? what do you mean..." draco was stunned.

"they dont love me." he paused. "they treat me like shit." he looked away. 

"explain, further into detail." the blonde was very curious what the brunette had to say.

"i'd rather not." he said, voice cracking.

the taller boy did something he'd never do in his life

he comforted him

"hey, its alright. im sorry for bringing it up." he bit his lip.

what was he doing?

the gryfindoor felt a warm hand on his shoulder. it sent a strange feeling through his body.

"im going to leave... night malfoy." harry said, smiling weakly at the blonde.

"bye..." he felt slight disappointment that he was leaving

he wandered back to the slytherin common room.

his last thoughts were of the shimmering green eyed of harry potter

a/n : hey guys, i hope your enjoying the story so far, i am having some technical difficalties atm so i may not update as frequently as i'd prefer. anyway thanks!