Chapter 2: Unpleasant Discoveries

10 minutes of silliness later they settled back down with the twins sitting to either side of Harry on the bed. One of the twins accidentally sat on Harry's new stuffed bear and scowling a bit at the bear, slightly offended that it had the gall to be where he wanted to sit, he handed it to Harry. Both twins watched as Harry gave a delighted noise, snatching it from Fred's hand and, ignoring everyone else, hugged the toy to him. A light dawned in twin eyes as they realized that, even though it was clearly recently acquired, Harry treasured the toy deeply. A twitch and glancing connection of gazes confirmed between the twins that if something ever happened to the bear, they would try to get it back for their Lord.

"I would rather not share more with the menaces in the room. Not to mention their very presence causes problems we're going to have to solve to avoid panicking anyone and increasing our time trapped in this room." Snape pointed out caustically.

"That reminds me. Twins? Since you guys are now sort of mine, do you think you can get Ginny to leave me alone? I don't want to hurt her feelings or anything but I just can't be her boyfriend. She's like a sister or a... well something not so nice." Harry told them, faltering at his almost suggestion that the youngest Weasley might actually be stalking him and taking some of his stuff.

"Do either of you have your wands?" Snape asked suddenly, looking at them expectantly. He was sorely disappointed when they shook their heads no.

"We keep our wands under our pillows but whenever Harry gets really bad nightmares the elf doesn't bother to let us grab them." Fred explained quietly. "The elf always seems to put us down on his bed, inside the curtains... and the silencing charm he puts on them."

"Sometimes we wont even wake up until we hear him screaming. Those times we usually wind up just joining him in bed and falling back asleep." George told them, ignoring Harry's sudden shyness and disinterest for all that he was also flushed in embarrassment.

"No wands then." Voldemort said with a sigh, filing away this additional information about the boy he'd been trying to kill since infancy, his human horcrux.

"Speaking of such, would our visitors be able to keep their wands? Or bring us wands?" Snape asked almost idly, eyes narrowed in thought.

"I can answer that." Rowena said quietly, a small smile gracing her cloth features as pride shined in her eyes. The twins looked toward where the voice had come from and did a comical double take. They hadn't actually noticed anyone except Harry, Voldemort, and Snape, thus they were completely floored when they realized that there was a tapestry of the four founders in the room and it was moving like portraits did.

"Just noticed we were here did you?" Godric asked in deep amusement, his voice hinting at having a deep belly laugh. The twins nodded dumbly as they continued to stare at the cloth portrait of the four founders with the castle rising up behind them in the background.

"As I was saying, yes, visitors can bring wands with them and retain them. However, because Hogwarts has confiscated your own wands unless she deems it an emergency or a reasonable, if temporary, request she will do what she must to keep any wand from your hands. Until she's decided that you've earned the right to your wands again it would be unwise to even touch another wand. From what I've managed to gather, this is not only a safety precaution but also because Dumbledore is connected to the wards as headmaster, and thus is notified about certain spells or certain people casting spells." Rowena explained calmly. "For example, he's notified every time that Severus or Harry casts a spell outside of a classroom or if they leave grounds in some fashion, with the magic keeping a record of not only the spells but the details of the spells. Any so called dark spell they cast will send up a red flag. He is, however, unable to monitor potions use."