Chapte 3: Check Up and An Ususal Adoption

"Narcissa? What's going on?" Lucius asked as he looked around the room and took in its inhabitants.

When Lucius' gaze fell on the twins his lip curled slightly in remembered disgust and over the fact that there were Weasleys present. Draco, on the other hand eyed the twins with suspicion, especially with the way he noticed them practically shielding whoever was on the bed that his mother was standing next to. Draco thought about how the twins were acting, how he had only ever seen them act this way a few times and only ever for Potter before putting the pieces together.

"This is about Potter, isn't it?" Draco asked shrewdly with a smirk tinged by malice, his eyes glittering in hidden excitement at the prospect of another fight with the Golden Gryff. The twins exchanged wary glances before reluctantly nodding, confirming the blond's suspicion.

"You will do nothing to harm or stress him." Salazar ordered sharply from his position on the tapestry, easily noticing the malice in the blond student's smirk.

"Of course not. Wouldn't want to hurt Potty's feelings now would we?" Draco said snidely, earning himself a light smack on the back of his head from his mother. The twins laughed at his misfortune only to receive a glare full of righteous indignation and murderous intent from the blond.

"You will not harm him or you will deal with me." Voldemort snapped, finally letting his temper get the better of him. Draco gulped, gave a sharp nod of acknowledgement, and quickly hid his confusion behind another sneer tossed at the still laughing twins.

"Draco, go into the library, through the central door. We need to discuss something with your parents." Snape ordered, sealing the door behind the haughty blond and casting as many privacy an silencing spells that he could think of at the door.

"Read this." Narcissa ordered, shoving the medical read out into her husband's hands and deftly taking away his cane, with the wand still inside, in the process.

Lucius gave his wife and odd look and started to read, getting paler as he followed the record of abuse, his breath tight in his chest and easing only when he got to the part where Harry arrived at Hogwarts. He noted each of the yearly adventures and finally realized who's medical record he was reviewing, despite the Basilisk Venom and Phoenix tears, when he got to the Dark Ritual and the evidence of crucios at the end of fourth year. Pale, he looked up at his seething wife in dread, wondering if he should be more worried that Harry Potter was suffering from abuse or that his wife had gotten her hands on his complete medical history.

"What do you want me to do Cissy?" Lucius asked quietly, ignoring the presence of his long time friend and his lord for the moment.

"When we leave here you will be applying for custody and, if possible, adoption." Narcissa informed him coldly, barely keeping her temper in check. "He will not be going back to that household, even if I have to kidnap him myself."

"It shouldn't be too much of a problem until they see exactly who we want to adopt." Lucius told her honestly. "The real problems will show up when that happens and we would still need to show cause or have the signatures of his guardians. Presuming we don't want to actually prosecute them. However, with this list of injuries we need to get him out of their reach and keep him away from them. Fighting Dumbledore for guardianship, muchless a proper adoption will be a nightmare and there is a chance that once we start the fight, someone else will get guardianship, or that we'll loose. If we loose, we could conceivably manage to get someone to check on him but Dumbledore's initial argument about the wards is still valid. We might be able to get someone to look at the wards, as a safety check but a lot can go wrong."

"I will not leave a child, barely younger than our son, to be starved and beaten!" Narcissa said viciously, ignoring the fact that the Dark Lord and Professor Snape were watching the argument with avid interest as if it were a tennis match. "No child deserves what young Mr. Potter has lived through and I will not see him sent back to those... monsters. Did you even read the record, Lucius? He has burns and scars from when he was four. FOUR! Each year he receives more of them and it didn't stop when he started attending Hogwarts either!"