Chapter 4: Discussions

Harry soon fell back into an exhausted healing sleep cuddling his bear, much to the relief of the two older wizards. Both older men moved into the attached library to continue their discussion about the young lion. As they settled into matching arm chairs they noticed a portrait of the founders on the wall and the fact that one of them was missing.

"Helga decided to watch over Harry while we discuss the situation with you," Salazar explained, noticing their inquiring looks, both nodded their acceptance before settling back into their chairs.

"The amount of damage that Cissy uncovered is appalling and I haven't made the situation any better," Severus muttered almost morosely.

"And I've done better than you?" Voldemort asked with a snort of self disgust. "At least we can keep him from going back and actually have a chance to apologize, leaving aside the fact that he appears to fancy both of us on top of it all."

"That actually may help us," Severus pointed out pensively, the look he received from the Dark Lord had him back tracking and explaining. "Oh, I'm not suggesting that we try to manipulate him like the old coot does, that would just make the situation worse. However, if we want to heal him, emotionally as well as physically, then it provides a basis of trust we can work from, despite the damage we've already done."

Voldemort hummed his agreement as he turned the situation over in his mind. He wasn't quite willing to admit that he might fancy both the dour man and the young lion even if only just a bit. It also wasn't as if he was unwilling to take either wizard into his bed, perhaps even both. What was stopping him was the fact that he was unsure how to be in a relationship and the fact that he knew if he claimed either of them like that he wasn't letting them go any time soon for any reason. Neither man was prepared for the flood of warm feelings that flooded their senses after voicing their opinions. When they once more paid attention to the world around them they found, much to their astonishment that their wands were sitting in their laps.

"Hopeless romantic," Salazar said with a fond snort, referring to the castle.

"Don't expect to actually be able to leave this set of rooms yet," Godric warned, a smile playing about the edges of his mouth.

"Of course," Snape commented with a snort of combined amusement and mild disgust at the situation.

"Our green-eyed menace is old enough for courting isn't he?" Voldemort asked pensively, playing with his returned wand after having thoroughly checked it.

"As if Dumbledore would allow anyone but his choice to court the brat," Severus sneered, having slid his wand into its holster after examining it. "From what I can tell he's practically promised him to the Weasley chit. I would be very surprised if there wasn't a marriage contract already filed or only waiting on the moment when the Headmaster can convince him to sign it. It actually helps us at the moment that he's avoiding Potter or the contract would be signed and we wouldn't have had a chance with him."

"If I offer a truce on condition of a general amnesty and full open representation in both the ministry and the wizengamott then slip in the proviso of being allowed to court both of you without interference..." Voldemort mused aloud as he finally slid his wand back into its holster, earning a deer-in-the-headlights look from the potions master.

"Why would you want to? I understand getting Potter onside but I'm hardly desirable," Severus asked in a self deprecating manner, earning a sharp look from the other man.

"Oh I wouldn't say that," Voldemort said softly, watching the other man carefully, almost speculatively. Severus noticed his look and fought the urge to gulp, knowing it would be a sign of weakness in this highly unusual situation of cat and mouse.