Mutts like Bacon

The world is wretched.
It's a cruel nasty place filled with nastier people.
A world so ruined that restoring it was completely out of the question-
"Is that Bacon?" She asked, excitement filling her voice.
"Yes." Half the table said in union, bored it seemed.
How could they be bored she wondered, when wonderful glorious Bacon still sizzling was just placed on the table.
Nasty creatures indeed.

She looked around and observed the plates.
Seated to her left was Link, his plate had a bit of everything on it perfectly balanced.
The next plate was to a girl named Jade. She had a small portion of food, mostly proteins filled items. The plate, sorry, plates, next to her belonged to the speedster, who it seemed needed a massive intake of carbs and calories in order for his fat burning body to stay in motion. And next to his feast, was a plate covered in nothing but meat. The archer ate like there was no tomorrow. Her plate was utterly identical to his with the exception of eggs, and much more bacon.

She looked around, as everyone else was, but while they looked away from her, in hopes to ignore the lady that had stumbled through the pouring rain, she looked right at them. Studying them. Assessing them. This was her promise to link. She would not fail him.

"Lincoln." Aurora sat up straight, her eyes shooting to the origin of the noise. The girl, Jade, was staring at Link. "Who is she?" She said it loudly. She said it rudely. And above all she said it with claim to the truth, entitlement lacing through every word,  and shames absence it seemed lingered as bitter after wake of her words.

Link paused in his eating. Aurora reminded silent. She would be who ever Link decided these people needed to see her as.

"Aurora." He said, his eyes never leaving his plate.

"Aurora what?!" She growled.

Link looked her dead in the eye. "What does it matter Lavensen? That's why you want to know right. So you can call her by her last name? Or do you want to know so you can run her name through and background check at the station because you can't trust my judgement?"

"Ugh no! She hasn't even introduced herself." She exclaimed.

Link looked utterly board. "Have you introduced yourself?" He took another bite of his eggs.

"No I don't need to it's my house." She said, almost proud of herself to have something on Aurora.

"Well it's hers now too." Jade stilled. "So what makes you entitled to her identity when she's not entitled to yours?" He said.

Ignoring his very good point she started again. "We live at this house-" Oh very good Jade turned this from something about her into something but the rest of them, immediately separating Aurora from everyone else, and setting a president that she spoke for them. "-because we are dangerous, and we need to be able to come and go at random times unsuspiciously without drawing attention to ourselves or being questioned by people, and frankly it's safer to live with people then be alone.  We live here because we are dangerous.  And if she lives here that means that she is dangerous. And if she is a danger to us we want to know how." She reeked of pride from that statement. Like a schoolgirl getting the answer right and pleasing the teacher.

Link didn't even look annoyed when he responded. Jades face fell when she realized he still was winning. "You made a good point other then the fact that this is my house not yours, and I am choosing to let her stay here, if I thought you needed to know something you would know, but I don't, because you don't, now unless you plan on being a bitter unreasonable child, you should apologize to her like an adult."

The speedster now looked between Aurora and Jade, and the Archer had faint amusement flash through his eyes as if a sweet familiarity of a master putting someone in their place wrapped around him.

Jade was put between two rocks. Her pride or her self image. Link certainly knew the strings to pull with her Aurora noted.

Jade looked dead a her- Aurora stared right back- and stated. "No. I'm not saying sorry to a mutt that scratched at our door late at night only to crawl into your bed, and then sit at the table begging for scraps." Link paused at this, the only sight of any emotion he revealed, the Speedster and the Archers eyes went wide, no amusement on his face this time.

Aurora started laughing.  "Then honey if that's the case the only difference between me and you is that he would actually let me into his bed."

The speedster choked in his food, the archer immediately got up to help his choking friend.

"You are disgusting!" Jade practically screamed.

"Says the only who compared me to a dog. Look sweetie, if you are going to single someone out and then pretend to play the mean girl, try not to look so pathetic doing so." Before Jade could react she added, "I'm going to go eat my as you so elegantly stated them "table scraps" some where your mouth isn't running."
Then she picked up the plate in the middle of the table filled with bacon and strode away, utterly unaffected. And smiling.