The Mistress

Hey guys something to note, I have a little singing part in this, I'll have the song posted there so when you get to that part feel free to glance over the lyrics, skip it, or listen to the video in the background, a lot of writers do this so let me know what you think.

(All rights go to Lana and Fangirl Lyrics. Obviously.)

"Why are we here Lincoln." Jade asked him, bored as could be.

He sat there thinking. Debating in his head if he should tell her the truth. He decided against it and answered with a simple, "Because we were invited." He smiled a bit and added, "Plus our drinks are free."

Jade sat back with a humph. "At least we are spending the night together."

"Yeah. All four of us." He responded giving a quick glance to Barry and Roy sitting across the table trying to shut out Jade's complaining.

They were in somewhat of a dive bar. The windows were all stained glass, including the ones at the top of the main door. No one would see inside the place easily. The chairs were old and most had holes in them. There were two bars, both were on walls across from each other. At the back of the place was a stage with faded red curtains and dirty checkered tile.

All in all the place he thought was a dump. But the people, were probably worse. They were loud, rowdy and smelled like they slept in a bottle of beer. Yet they all loved it here. The place had the feeling of long stories told between friends, of memorable bar fights, and more than a few broken bones and glasses.

He thought he might like the place.

Jade continued prattling on, but his attention narrowed on the stage. The lights dimmed slightly, and the band that had been playing for the past half an hour left the stage, a new set of people coming out.

The manager of the place came out- he had briefly introduced himself to them as soon as they had sat down, claiming that she would be thrilled they had shown up tonight- he got in front of the microphone and gave a small introduction to the band.

"As you all know." He said, most of the customers conversation had ceased and they were all now focused on the stage. "Our dear Scarlet," that must be the main singer Link figured with all the pictures around captioned "Until you see scarlet" posted on the bar walls and even around the city. "is out due to a sickness."

A few mutters around the bar one customer even yelled. "THE WIFE'S OUT!" The manger chuckled nodding his head in agreement.

"So my dear friends, when the wife's out why our dear mistress is in...." With that he moved to the side doing a deep and dramatic bow as Aurora strode out in a deep blue and black dress. The customers started cheering laughing and making comments that Lincoln forced himself to tune out.

"Good evening Gentleman." She purred, a deep and dark lipstick lined her words, the vessel to a devil's caress.

When the tune started, just as a hum, she seemed to take a form, immortal, untouchable, a silhouette of an angel. The core of a demon. And when her mouth opened. A Siren poured venomous honey into his brain.

(Refer to Video, or Skip Here.)

Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That baby you're the best

Got my red dress on tonight

Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight

Got my hair up real big beauty queen style

High heels off, I'm feeling alive

Oh, my God, I feel it in the air

Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare

Honey I'm on fire I feel it everywhere

Nothing scares me anymore

... 2, 3, 4

Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That baby you're the best

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness

Got that summertime, summertime sadness

Oh, oh

I'm feelin' electric tonight

Cruising down the coast goin' by 99

Got my bad baby by my heavenly side

I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight.

Oh, my God, I feel it in the air

Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare

Honey I'm on fire I feel it everywhere

Nothing scares me anymore

... 2, 3, 4

Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That baby you're the best

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness

S-s-summertime, summertime sadness

Got that summertime, summertime sadness

Oh, oh

I think I'll miss you forever

Like the stars miss the sun in the morning skies

Later's better than never

Even if you're gone I'm gonna drive, drive

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness

S-s-summertime, summertime sadness

Got that summertime, summertime sadness

Oh, oh

Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That baby you're the best

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness

S-s-summertime, summertime sadness

Got that summertime, summertime sadness

Oh, oh

(Resume Normal Reading Here.)

The thing was is he couldn't really see. Or think. Definitely drunk. He thought to himself. He glanced at the others, Jade was passed out her eyebrows furrowed like she fell asleep being angry, Roy's head was thrown back staring straight at the moldy ceiling, and Barry was slurring his words, drunk too he supposed. Then something sparked. Speedsters don't get drunk.

"Oh sh-" And then of course it was black.