The Smelly Mans Offer

Jade Lavensen had been pissed. She had been pissed the moment that Woman had shown up in the rain. She had been pissed when she didn't even make a point to properly introduce herself. She had been pissed when they had to go to that stupid bar because of her. Not to mention that led to them being drugged and tied up and shocked nearly to death by Link. But none of that pissed her off as much as right now how Link- her Link was so focused on that woman across the table from us with a lovesick child's gaze that he wasn't even paying attention to the question the smelly man had just asked him.

"Link." Jade hissed. When he didn't look at her she said his name louder. Link only looked to her when the stupid mutt looked over.

"So can you help us?" The man said. Jade decided to call the smelly man Gabe because that's what smelly men are called.

"What?" Link asked utterly confused.

Barry and Roy shared a collective sigh while Jade fumed.

"I'll start from the beginning," Gabe said.

"There's no need." Jade cut in. "It's a no."

"No no, I would like to hear it." Link said.

"I would like it if you paid attention but look oh wow you didn't, we don't get what we want now do we." Jade mumbled out with her arms crossed- completely ignored.

"Our bar is part of a group, all our goods go through a small outpost in the west of the mountains. All of our... resources only run from Boulder, through Denver, and stop at Colorado Springs. Not to the outpost. We've been having a bit of trouble with some rabid animals and it's disrupting business."

"So what we just set some animal traps and leave?" Link asked already imaging the easy job no doubt.

"Not exactly."

"Well that's Super." Roy chimed in sarcastically.

"Our guys ditched the place. We redirected the flow of goods to a different base for transportation to and through the city, but a fair amount of our goods are still at the outpost. Your job will be to go to the outpost and exterminate the creatures that got in. After that, you will bring the goods to Aspen to meet the next team so they can transport them to our new base."

"And after that?" Barry questioned.

"Assuming you completed the job without loss of goods we pay you. You get to keep the mountain outpost and you get 15% percent of the profit from the goods.

"Twenty." Aurora cut in. "We get 20%."

"I'm not haggling-"

"And I'm not asking." She spat out. "We get twenty or you can find new help."

"Fine," Gabe grunted.

"Exactly how much would that be?" Link questioned.

Gabe sighed rubbing his eyes. "About twenty thousand."

Roy swore.

"That's four thousand each." Barry said fiddling his thumbs nervously.

"No," Aurora said. Everyone looked at her.

"Oh sorry," Barry mumbled. "I forgot to count you." Jade's vicious growl was cut off by Aurora.

"I won't be taking any of the profits other than partial ownership of the outpost." She then shot a look to Gabe.

Hesitantly he said "Its twenty thousand each."

Jade didn't know who got to the yes first, just that it was yelled (very loudly) and she had to call Angel to cancel her weekend plans. 

---------

Hey Guys,

I know, short chapter but as you may have noticed I updated the cover so I figured a shorter chapter was justified... maybe.

Anyways let me know how you feel about the new cover.

I know some of you are Silent readers but don't be! I love hearing feedback (And having proof real people read my books) and I won't go off on you for criticism.

Plus if you give me motivation or say you want another chapter I'll give you a shout out because to me it's really helpful for me to keep my motivation and routine going. (Unless you just want to hide under your rock of Darkness and have no one know you that's fine too I won't give you a shoutout if it's not wanted.)