Item Two: Shake Hands With Someone Barehanded

"How am I supposed to shake someone's hand? I'm stuck in here and I most definitely cannot go out there!" Izuku began scratching his arm through the suit jacket and the dress shirt. 

"Then, the person just comes to you?" Shouto phrased it as a question because he wasn't sure if Izuku was ready for that yet. Izuku didn't seem to take the idea nicely. There was a hallway for him to get his food and such but it was locked with heavy doors. Not many people had the clearance to enter and Izuku certainly didn't want to just touch some random stranger's hand.

"I think we should just give up on this whole thing," Izuku shook his head frantically. "I don't want to touch anyone's hand! Especially someone's hand I don't know!" 

"That could certainly be a problem," Shouto admitted. "Not to mention people are continuously quitting because they don't want to get anywhere near you. It's hard enough for them to deliver things to you, let along shake your hand. Ah, but there is one solution to the problem," Shouto raised his hand, lifting a finger in the familiar 'one' counting position.

"Hm? What's that?" Izuku frowned, unable to fathom any sort of solution. 

"Are you opposed to shaking my hand, Izuku?" he folded his hands and placed them on the table. "I know hand-holding would be an extremely intimate act for someone you've only had the comfort of knowing for perhaps a total of two conversations. But-" 

"What?!" Izuku stood up, face flushed. 

"I apologize, that was intended as a joke. I didn't mean for you to get flustered," Shouto said. Imagine that, a man with a sense of humor even if his face held no sign of him having a comedic atmosphere. "However, it is still a possibility for me to be the person you shake hands with. Are you opposed?" 

"I suppose," Izuku sat down again. He looked down at his hands and pressed the tips of his fingers together awkwardly. "If it had to be someone, I would appreciate my first time being with you." 

"How scandalous, Izuku. I did not realize that our relationship had moved that fast." Realization hit Izuku like a brick to the face. Why did he say it like that?! It was hand holding! Hand holding! Nothing more and nothing less! 

A soft chuckle. From him? No, Izuku wasn't the one laughing. He looked up, staring at Shouto, the male with a slight smile on his face and a light laugh escaping his lips. "I apologize again," he said, still lightly laughing. He cleared his throat and resumed his usual cold self. "I shall follow the normal procedure for anyone that enters that room. In any case, I hope my germs aren't too much for you to handle."

Izuku nodded. "See you soon, then," he said, standing up. He made his way over to that room. He sighed. This was going to be very difficult. The last task had been difficult but this one? This would be even worse! He had nothing against Shouto, but it was the fact that it was Shouto that made him so worried. What about Deku? Would Deku ruin it for him? 

Izuku opened the heavy door and stood, tapping his foot. He waited for the other door to 'click' and open. It was taking a while. What was taking Shouto so long? He tapped his foot some more, scratching his arm, teeth chattering. His nerves running haywire. 

Click. 

The door opened. Shouto stood with his hair wet, from the shower, and wearing the standard outfit of anyone that entered this room. It looked more like a prisoner's attire. Poor Shouto, he didn't look right wearing that. Wait a minute. Wait just a second here. 

"Your eye!" Izuku's arms flailed about. Had he caused this? Is it because Shouto took the shower?! Of course not, but Izuku couldn't help but feel it was his fault. He'd never seen Shouto's scar before.