Item Ten: [ B L A N K ]

"You're not Dr. Todoroki," Deku observed. He sat in his chair. His hands were folded. There was a significant amount of baggage under his eyes. He was too tired to act out. It was all he could do to quench the flame of anger, sadness, and other emotions lurking within Izuku.

"How rude," Touya Todoroki placed a hand on his chest, feigning offense. "I am Dr. Todoroki, just perhaps, not the one you want. But, we've been over this. Izuku, Shouto doesn't exist," a cheap grin lurking on his lips. Deku didn't like Touya one bit right now. It was foolish of him to think he could trust Touya when he returned from saving Shouto.

"I am Deku!" Deku slammed his hand down on the table, causing a crack to form. Touya didn't so much as flinch. "What nonsense are you speaking? Shouto exists! I saw him yesterday!"

Touya sighed. "You didn't see him, you imagined him. Shouto is simply a figment of your imagination. Izuku Midoriya. You created the persona 'Deku' to internalize your negative feelings. You created 'Shouto' to help you cope with 'Deku' by forcing perfection onto him. 'Shouto' is just as much a figment of your imagination as 'Deku.' Only, he is more of a hallucination than an alternate personality."

"What would you know?!" Deku glared. A glare strong enough to make any sane person cringe. Touya continued to smile a half-hearted grin.

"Izuku, you do remember the first time you talked to Deku? You imagined being able to see him in your reflection. Is it so unlikely that you could imagine a person that doesn't exist? Even Deku has done it before. Deku himself imagined that your precious 'Shouto' had a darker persona too. 'Scar' I believe his name was," Touya looked down at his notes. It was impossible for him to know all of this! How did he know all of this! Deku refused to listen to it. It made sense. But, it made zero sense at all. He knew Shouto was real!

"Then, how do you explain the list, my date, all of the moments I've had with Dr. Todoroki!" Deku clenched his hand into a fist, ready to break this wretched table.

"You used the premise of a 'date' to break out of this cell of yours. Childsplay for you. You wanted to get revenge on a group you remembered having belittled you by using a means of 'saving Shouto' as your excuse. But, Shouto doesn't exist, so, therefore, it was just you going on a rampage for the fun of it," Touya shrugged. "As for the list," Touya held out the piece of paper 'Shouto' had written. "You've been replacing your memories with me by creating a better 'Dr. Todoroki.' You've had all of these conversations with me but replaced my words, my interactions with you, with a version you could relate to more. 'Shouto' doesn't, never has, and never will exist. Is that so hard for you to believe? You're in here for a reason, Izuku. You've never, ever, been completely trustworthy. You can't even trust yourself, so why are you doubting what I am saying?" Touya shook his head, disappointed. "I finally thought we were getting somewhere until you kept insisting 'Shouto' was real. He isn't real. Neither is 'Deku.'"

"Do you want to say that again? Impostor," Deku growled. He stood up, slamming his fist on the glass, threatening to break it. "I will destroy you," he promised.

"He doesn't exist. Neither does your alternate persona," Touya repeated, slowly and carefully, emphasizing each word. "You've been doing all of these things, imagining that you were someone else or with someone else or loved someone else all to cope with who you really are, Izuku. You're a hurt, sad, lonely individual with a special amount of strength that doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in this world. You can't trust yourself, remember? So, why are you trusting that your hyperactive imagination is the truth?"

"Oooh, you bas-"

"It's okay," Izuku folded his hands on the table. He stared at them, and the crack, and thought about the fact that Deku was once again trying to protect him from the pain and his own inability to act on anything. "It's okay, Deku," Izuku could feel the tears in his eyes. "No one has believed a single thing I've said. Even Shouto didn't answer my question on if he believed that I had a quirk or not. I can't be trusted. I can't even trust myself. Dr. Todoroki has a point."