Ch.2 Bus Ride to Our Paradise

Everyone on the bus was chatting it up, Double D, trying not to move too much so Kevin wouldn't wake up and beat him, began to examine his surroundings.

The big grey bus had wide aisles, for being a bus. The seats were comfy but he wished they felt a bit more separated, the TV screens were every two rows in front of them, so if there was sixteen rows of seats per side, there was eight TV's. The TV's were playing an animated movie, you couldn't change it or turn it off, of course the driver could. 

What Double D quite enjoyed was that the bus smelled very clean and looked clean, though he was sure that was going to change. He prayed no one would go into the restrooms. 

While still deep in thought, Double D could hear a yawn, coming right beside him.

He slowly turned his head, feeling sweat already forming on his forehead, his mind racing of what to say to the red head, who seemed to be waking up. 

You fell asleep on me, so don't be angry at me.

At least show some mercy.

I helped repair your bike before, your beloved bike!

Okay, so you don't ride it anymore, now that you got that fancy new motorcycle, but still!

When Double D finally turned to face Kevin he was still luckily asleep.

Double D thanked every God, Goddess, Deity, and scientist he could think of for Kevin not waking up. 

He then started to pay attention to the movie playing, some 3D animation movie. Double D started to enjoy many more genres as he got older. Sure, documentaries are always fun, but Double D started to find interest in other genres, for instance his humor started to change a bit. He never found Ed or Eddy to be too funny, but over time he started to understand their form of comedy and something just clicked. He especially enjoyed horror films, the way it made him feel, those films, was exhilarating. He used to think of how none of it makes sense, but the idea of "anything is possible" was a very attractive concept to someone who thirsts for knowledge of all kinds. However, this movie, the 3D animation, wasn't completely his cup of tea. Double D missed the traditional 2D films, feeling they have been forgotten almost, at least the cartoons on TV still lived on.

Taking his attention away from the TV, Double D eyed his two best friends. Eddy looked like he was about to fall asleep while Ed was already dozed off, from the seems of it. Double D wondered if he should fall asleep as well, he wasn't very tired but only about thirty minutes had passed and he wasn't a fan of long car rides as he was a bit prone to car sickness. If Double D was with his friends, he was sure his attention would be taken off from the ride but because he was, practically, alone he felt the need to rest until the bus stopped somewhere for the students to take a break. 

Slowly, Double D began to nod off, his mind virtually blank except with thinking of a couple movies he'd like to watch. Maybe he could visit Eddy and Ed's room later on and they could all watch some of Ed's DVDs. He was also not very keen on staying long with Kevin in the same room but, he decided that being in the same room only to sleep in wouldn't be too long. Yeah, he could avoid him mostly if he tried.

---

A voice loudly speaking woke up the young boy. 

"Alright, quick break guys, get something to eat and meet back here in an hour!" 

Double D gave out a weak yawn, a bit disoriented from being awoken by Mr.Evans voice. In his mind he was processing how long he was sleeping, maybe he could just sleep more on the bus?