CHAPTER ONE

L I S A

In the beginning, life seemed to like the idea of terminating my existence, pulling the method of loneliness, like a man who runs down to take a cap. And did it matter? No, it didn't. When your happiness isn't real, then that's how you should always feel. Until the time comes, and someone tells you to forget, to stop the pain that you adore by every blink of an eye. They weren't tears, they were, just empty. An empty vow, an empty part that I had to keep as a part of the damage.

I read an article the other day, about how; Opposites attract.

And I can honestly say that, it's true.

I was attracted to someone who didn't rekindle our departure, someone who didn't even ask. And was it all my fault?

*Flashback On*

"You are leaving me Jen-nie?". Tears invaded my eyes as I held the small teddy bear close to me, hoping the universe will hear my prayers, and not let her go.

"It's—it's only going to be for a while Lisa-ya". Jennie hugged me tightly, smiling into the hug. But I knew Jennie very well, she didn't cry to be strong. To not make this even harder for us than it really is.

"You only say that—to not make me sad". I pouted at my bestie, who pushed my shoulder away with her toy. "You are such a cry baby".

"No, I'm not!".

"Yes, you are".

"No, I'm not!".

"Yes, you are!". Jennie screamed as I bit my lip, trying to hold back my laugh. She giggled at her outburst and sat down next to me.

"Do you, b-believe in soulmates?". She asked me, and brushed her dolls hair, certainly Barbie. The perfect girl's toy.

"Do you think, they exist?". I asked her back, not knowing if it's true or not.

"Of course! They are just like me and you". I smiled at my best friend, "You promise?".  I held out my pinky, as my eyes watered at my bestie.

"I promise you, Lisa". She intertwined our pinkies and hugged me again, now more warmly, but yet a hug that didn't mean letting go; perhaps a hug that said goodbye.

*Flashback End*

"Lisa? Lisa are you okay?!". Chaeyoung rubbed my shoulder as I felt my whole world crumble down, and turn black again.

"I..I will be okay".

"You are still thinking about her aren't you?". I give her half a grin and chuckled at my own stupidity. "It doesn't matter, now let's get this over with".

"That's the Lisa I know!". Rosé clapped and held the camera to take the photo, she needed from me. And this felt weird because I was the one who naturally, perhaps occasionally, takes pictures of people, not people taking pictures of me. I shrugged at the thunder that rambled my thoughts into a maze and posed for the girl, who awaited me with a huge smile.

 I shrugged at the thunder that rambled my thoughts into a maze and posed for the girl, who awaited me with a huge smile