CHAPTER THREE

LISA

I carried on with this frustrating day. And It's not just the fact that I just met Jennie a few hours ago. My job interview got canceled for some unknown reason until Monday. Freaking Monday.

I sighed and plopped into the grey mattress, feeling my thoughts get vivid with the only name it praised for as long as possible; Jennie

Just her name makes my breath hitch, and light up with its small clashing moon rays.

My phone suddenly vibrated by a few rings with the name, 'my sunshine💕'.

Who is my sunshine? Cause I, well enough know, there isn't anyone in my life such as 'Sunshine'. Maybe Rosé? I shrugged and answered, "Hello Chaeyoung?".

"Hello to you too Lisa, and who is Chaeyoung?". I gasped at Jennie's tone.

"She's, s-she's my best friend". I answered.

"Oh..". Why is she annoyed?

"Yeah, what's up?". 

I heard her sigh and talk again, "I-I, nothing just stressed". I bit my lip in thought,"Of course you would be stressed, that's how models work".

"Quit being sarcastic and can you just help?". This girl is so ridiculous.

"Help? Now you want my help? Really Jennie?". Somewhere between my words, I was on the edge, between mocking her and truly helping the girl who reached my heart.

"Ugh, Lisa!".

"Okay okay, what do you want ex-bestie?". I leaned into the headboard and wrapped myself in the blankets.

"I need you". With that my heart's beat knocked my thoughts to the side; to the now more frenzy, woman.

"Need me in w-what?". I asked.

"Can we meet tomorrow? My place?".

I raised my eyebrows and heard my own heart hammer with excitement, but still, a part of me was eating me, about making her feel guilty. Somewhere between my heart and mind, I had to choose wisely. I sighed, "Okay..".

"Really?! I mean, w-would you come?". I really want to slap myself for agreeing, but maybe pushing her won't be the answer to my suffering?

"Yeah..". I let out a breath as she recalled, "I may have promised you something?". I nodded and then replied with a 'yes'.

"Then I'm fulfilling that promise". She said with sincerity.

"Okay, good night Jennie". My cold unstableness appeared as I tried to end the call, but her voice stopped me. "Lisa..".

"Yeah?".

"Please show up". She begged and hung up.

What have I done?

-

Next Morning.

I woke up with the sun rays shining bright at me from the creamy curtains. It's funny how I used to think the Sun orbits our planet, in fact, it was all the opposite. Opposites attract, I believed in them from such a young age. A smile shook my morning call. Morning; a new start. But why did I feel the routine turn? And change into two splits, one with fate. The other with the infinity.

What is my infinity?

I took a hold of my thoughts and walked to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth in no hurry. Yes, I like taking my time so what?