CHAPTER ELEVEN

LISA

I've learned to keep my job as one of my priorities, since the day I've been inspired to keep everything as a frame. A picture or a small album, that involves the moments I mentally savor inside my head. But that moment when Jennie's lips touched mine, it felt like everything have stopped.

Time stopped, by listening to my heartbeat.

What was worth the risk of being with the only person that I love? Was it so bad to have feelings?

And Why did it hurt to love you, Jennie..?

"Hey, Lisa? How do I look?". Jennie's angelic voice echoed through the room as she asked.

My eyes trailed against her body that was made - out of pure perfection. Everything inside of me tinkled at the vibrant emotions that caressed my heart. It would be a lie if I said, she isn't worth a try. My heart skipped a beat as she gave me a certain look. So, I simply smiled and moved closer to her reassuringly. "You look beautiful in anything Jennie".

"You really see me as something pretty?". Her voice ringed with no guide, it almost showed her insecurities by my plain hands that were linked to her tanned shoulders.

I took a deep breath, feeling more nervous by her simple presence.

"Jennie, you are beautiful. Don't stress it all out, and just be the Ruby everyone has loved". I implied with a gentle smile.

Jennie bit her lip before looking at my eyes, like a lost girl in the middle of a crowd, "There is a difference between Ruby and Jennie..".

I nodded understandingly before she started to ramble, "Ruby is fearless, unpleasant with whoever tries to please her, meanwhile there is Jennie. The girl who gets scared easily, gets hurt by strangers, and lets it go". She looked away from my eyes with fear.

I slowly led her to the bed, and slowly reached for her chin to make her look at me.

"Jennie, whoever character people potentially see you as, it will never change the way I see you as". My heart clenched tightly as she kept on giving me the silent look.

Once I playfully pinched her cheek, she jumped into me for a hug. Her arms were around my neck as every cell and ounce of brain cell escaped my sight. I love the feeling of her in my arms.

I cleared my throat and asked, "For how long are we staying in Paris?".

Jennie smiled, "Why wanna leave this amazing city just as soon?".

I chuckled, "It's not about me wanting to leave. It's just I miss my bestie and, it's been like.. forever I guess". I pouted and looked at the modern room of Jennie's suit, just thinking about the other girl that has been there for me, ever since high school.

Jennie's room was so clean. Everything is tidy here.

"Well, manager Oppa said that we have to complete this week and then head back to Korea". Jennie's eyes averted mine while answering.

I squeezed her hand softly, "Why are you sad Jennie?".

"I broke up with Kai". She admitted.

I didn't know how to feel, whether happy and full of energy or sad about her frowning expression. I didn't want Karma to take its turn yet on me, and make me all happy and then get my heart twisted in the middle of the industry's drama either. It simply wasn't my thing.