Chapter 27: What's Wrong Babe?

       “Give me a kiss.” I heard. I turn around and see Beth and Adam kissing. I scrunch my face at them. “Quit all that PDA.” I tease. Adam, Beth, and I were all at his house. Beth thought it would be cool to have a double date, so we were just waiting for Aiden to show up. I sit on the couch, scrolling through my phone.

    I texted Aiden a little while ago, and he hasn’t texted me back. Flipping through my photos to delete some, I pass by all the pictures of Aiden and I together. We took some before we were even dating, and they look alike, even though I know when we were taking the pictures Aiden didn’t mean anything to me but some guy who I partly disliked.

       My phone vibrates and incomes a message from Aiden. He says that he’s coming and that he was sorry for running late. I text back ‘it’s okay’ and click my phone off. Just then someone knocks at the door. “Coming.” Adam yells. He opens it and Aiden comes in. His eyes were darkened and he looked upset. “Whats wrong babe?” I asked him.

     He looked at me and shook his head. He goes in Adam’s kitchen and Adam follows him. Beth looks back at me and then to the kitchen. “What’s going on?” She slowly asked. I shrug, “I don’t know. He came in like that.” She gives me a weird look and laughs. “Alright well I’m going to stand on the porch.” She turned to walk outside.

   We wait out here for a couple minutes until the boys finally join us. “Where do you guys want to go? A man is hungry.” Adam asked. “Oh let’s go to Logan’s!” I suggested. Adam shrugs, looking at Beth. “Logan’s good with you?” He asked her. She nodded, “Alright Logan’s it is.” We all get in our car’s and drive to Logan’s.

     Beth tells the lady that we need a table for four, she shows us to a booth, and we all scoot in. Aiden and Adam sit one side and Beth and I sit on the other. Aiden’s head was in his phone, until I put the Menu in his face. “Hey quit texting for a second and order.” I tell him. He puts his phone down and looks at the meals. I roll my eyes at him.

    What was his problem? He didn’t seem upset until this afternoon. Maybe it’s his family or something. A bunch of probabilities ran through my head, but later on today I will just ask him what was wrong.

    We were all just eating and Beth and Adam were making conversation. The waitress came around time to time to ask if we were okay and we all responded with a yes, while Aiden just nodded. His avoidance was kind of irritating, I tried to text him and ask him what was wrong and he didn’t respond. I look up at him and he meets my eyes. “Come to the bathroom with me.” I mouth. He gets up and walks to the bathroom. I put my phone in my pocket and get up to follow him.

     We stand in between the restrooms, and at first he doesn’t say anything. “Aiden, tell me what is wrong.” I beg. “It is nothing serious. I can handle it.” He says irritated. “Handle fucking what Aiden? Your family? If so then you should’ve told me. Whatever it is I’ll be there for you.” I fling my hands around to prove my point.

      “It’s not about them; you don’t need to worry about it.” He said again. He was about to walk off, but I caught his arm. “Stop, don’t ignore me again, Damnit, that fucking irritates me. Tell me what the hell is going on.” I force him back to where we were standing. His eyes darken, and he gives me this lustful look.

     “It’s Willow.” He gets close to me. I shrug, getting aggravated with him. “What the fuck about her? I don’t even like her.” I said. He laughs. “She’s been texting me and shit. But I got it, like I said before.” His hands somehow wrap around my body and he pulls me close to him. I struggle to get away, because I wasn’t in the mood for him to be close to me right now.