Chapter fourteen

The night was still young in Cedarmills. It was a shy of seven o clock, Arden and Jacob were home alone while their parents went out to eat with a couple of co workers in Trenton. It would be very late before they would make it home. Before they left, Arden and Jacob were both told to stay in the house and to not go anywhere or have anyone over without their permission.

Of course Jacob, being the rebellious teenager that he is invites a couple of friends without asking over which soon enough turned into a handful.

"Mom and dad are going to shit themselves when they come home. I thought it was supposed to only be a couple of people Jacob?" Arden asks while looking around the crowd of people strung through the house.

"This is just a couple of people and mom and dad aren't going to find out unless you snitch on me. They will all be gone by the time they get home." Jacob explains noticing more and more people were coming through the door by the second.

"If all of your friends get to come, so do mine." Arden says with his arms furled along his chest.

"Whatever, I don't care what you do, just don't let your loser friends talk to any of mine. I have a reputation and I don't want it ruined." He replies looking over at a mix of girls.

"Seriously? Your reputation is already ruined and you did that all by yourself." Arden replies with a smirk on his lips.

"Do me a favor and fuck off, will ya?"

Arden rolls his eyes at his brothers words. Every time he is around friends, it's like he is a whole new person and that irked Arden's nerves more than anything.

"Hey bro, there's a party at my place if you and Lucas want to come hang out." Arden says over the phone.

"A party? Hell yeah I'm down. I'll hit up Lucas and let him know and we will be over soon."

"Alright, just come up stairs to my room when you get here. I'm going to get a quick shower."

"Alright man. Peace."

Arden lays his phone down on his nightstand to charge. He runs the water until it was hot enough to his liking. Steam fills the bathroom, causing the mirrors to fog and lose its transparency.

As he showers, he lets the balmy water roll on his backside. He pushes his soaking wet hair out of his face after shampooing it. When he went to grab for the body wash, he drops it from being startled by a loud banging noise outside of his door.

Curiously, he peaks his head outside of the curtain finding no one accompanying him inside of the bathroom. The banging sound happens again, and this time it had more force behind it.

Quickly, he turns off he water to the shower and grabs his towel, draping it around his naked body as he steps out of the shower. He looks into the mirror, finding a large V smeared onto it that was not there before. For a second, he thought he was losing his mind. This is something he would only see in his dreams, not in real life.

He wipes away the mist, followed by a squeak as the water and glass rub against his flesh. Behind him stood the boy from his dreams, dripping in blood from his eyes. With a wicked grin, he stares into Arden's soul causing him to not be able to move.

Arden's eyes were wide in terror as he became face to face with the boy who has been haunting him in his dreams. He began to think that maybe they weren't dreams to begin with. He knew well in fact that he was awake.

The boy let out a satanic laugh that made the hairs stand up on Arden's entire body.

"You aren't real." Arden whispers to himself with his eyes closed.