2 first day

my first official day at bondi i spend the whole day appliance and furniture shopping. for some people it takes months trying to find the right furniture but for me - as long it was the right colour i bought it. obviously i had no car so i couldn't bring it home with me so over the next few days the companies that i bought everything off are going to bring it and install things for a small cost. saves me having to do it.

it's 5pm by the time i get back. in my apartment already i have a microwave and a small coffee table. but boy oh boy do i have a lot arriving in the next few days. this is what i bought today:
- two bean bags
- bedside table
- table for the front door
- bathroom towels
- linen
- tv

and there's still a lot to buy.

deciding i need a break to clear my head, i take a walk along the beach. it's very very unlikely i'll be going for a swim but i chuck my bikini on anyways just in case. i only bought one with me because i didn't have room in my suitcase for anymore. i pull on a small crop top and some black jean shorts the kinda show my butt. i've never worn an outfit like this because my parents would kill me, but it's so comfortable and they're not her to tell me what to wear so i'm wearing it!

i head to the beach and take a nice long walk and feel the water which is soooo warm!! it's february so it's warm outside but soon it'll cool down. i notice the lifeguard tower on the beach and i see heads moving around. i think about hoppo and how he may be in there but i don't go in - seeing as he barely knows me and if he is there's he's probably working.

as soon as i walk in the door of my apartment i pull up hoppos contact and flick him a text.

hi bruce, it's lana. i've made it to bondi safe and sound😎 just wondering if there's a chance where we could catch up? thanks :)

sending it off my phone buzzes almost instantly with a reply.

good to hear you're here safe and sound! i would love to catch up. you free tomorrow? we can catch up for lunch or sometime after 4pm

lunch sounds good! where and when do you wanna meet? i'm flexible!

there's a cafe along the promanade called 'eighty eight'. pop it into google maps, and is 12:30 okay?

sweet sounds good😊 i'll be there

awesome! see you tomorrow 😎

see ya!

harrison pov

we are in the middle of a debrief when hoppos phone dings from a text message. "oooo" he says and starts texting away. everyone looks at each other a bit confused at what has suddenly bought hoppos attention to his phone. "oi hop, we're in the middle of a meeting" kerrbox says and hoppo apologises and puts down his phone. again, it dings and he picks it up. not bothering to stop the debrief, we continue talking while hoppo spends the next few minutes on his phone.

just as we finish, hoppo also finishes up in his phone. we are all in impressed that he's missed a chunk of the meeting but no one can really tell him off as he is the boss after all. after saying goodbye to everyone we all collect our stuff and head out. i notice kerrbox has pulled hoppo aside. must be talking to him about the phone.

i start walking away but then remember i've left my food in the fridge. rushing back in, i over year a bit of kerrbox and hoppos conversation. "wait so phil's daughter is in town?" "yeah!" "you're kidding me, i haven't seen her in years!" "i know. i'm meeting her for much tomorrow, maybe i'll bring her back here afterwards" "please do" is all i manage to hear before i slip back out of the tower.

a new girl in town.