4 moving

and it sure is a hectic day. hoppo told me he would be around at 7am and sure enough he was. i show him around my apartment and we take a few measurements of the rooms in case we need it for anything.

that whole morning we spend it buying things. i purchase a double bed, fridge and dishwasher. since hoppo has a ute we manage to fit both the fridge and dishwahser in and strap them in.

"um how are we gonna get it into the apartment?" is ask when we jump in the car. "good point" he says and we laugh. two of the employee guys helped us get it into the ute so we will definitely need someone to move it again. "hmm harrisons not working today. how about i call him?" he asks and i smile and nod. he was he hot one from yesterday so if course i'm gonna say yes!

after the phone call hoppo tells me he's gonna meet us the in half an hour. we decide to grab some food from the salad bar across the road from my apartment and eat while we wait for harrison.

that afternoon we plug in the fridge and dishwasher, go and buy a couch and chairs, move them in, move the bed in and also head back out to buy some bits and bobs such as pillows, clock, a bunch of food, tupperware, pots and pans, blankets and a tv stand. after that final trip we bring everything into my apartment and flip down on the couch. "thank you guys so much for your help. you don't understand how much you've helped me" i say and smile to both of them. "anytime. it was really no problem" hoppo says.

we spend about half an hour just chatting and i'm starting to learn a lot more about harrison. he's also a kiwi. he moved here when he was 19 and started on a trainee ship which lead him into a full time lifeguard up until now. he's 22 and lives one block across from me. he does a lot of surfing and stand up paddle boarding, in which he offered to teach me.

eventually they both leave and i thank them in many ways for all their help today. once they leave i set up my apartment.

third day here and my apartment is coming along and i've made a couple of friends. i'm doing good.

it's been a week since the guys helped me shift. everything i ordered has arrived and i have applied for 13 jobs in the area. some online and some by dropping my cv into their shop. i haven't seen harrison or hoppo since last week but hoppo has invited me to the ice bergs for drinks tonight. usually on a sunday night after a long and busy weekend they head out for drinks and bring whoever with them. sometimes it's just them and sometimes the boys girlfriends and partners join.

harrison is calling around to my place before hand and picking me up so we can go together. i get dressed into something casual - some black ripped jeans and a singlet with ties on the shoulder. i wash my face and put some mascara on and wait for harrison to arrive

i end up having a really good night surprisingly. i meet three other guys who know dad along with everyone else who is there. i get chatting to hoppo and a couple of others who know dad and they're all telling me stories about him from the many years ago.

it's stating to get dark outside and i'm starting to feel a bit tired so i decide to head home. i say bye to the guys i'm talking to and wander out and towards my apartment. as i'm walking i hear someone shout my name. "lana!" they say and i turn around to see maxi's figure running after me.

"why did you leave" he asks as he approaches me. "uh, i don't know. i felt like my time has come and gone" i say and chuckle. i was right. i mean everyone had said their hellos and met me and then everyone went back to chatting and drinking, kinda leaving me out. which i really didn't mind at all! "oh i see" he says and i speak up. "why are you leaving?" i ask him. "i just saw you leave without saying goodbye and just wanted to make sure you were all good" he says and i smile at his thoughtfulness. "really? well yeah i'm all good" i say and we lightly laugh.

i let him go back to the icebergs and continue walking home and make myself a spinach and chicken salad for dinner. it's 9pm and the sun has fully set and there's no light left in the sky apart from the full moon. i decide to take a walk along the beach because why not. slipping on my leggings and a hoddie, i grab my phone and keys and head out.

i take a really really nice long walk on the beach, just clearing my head from everything that has happened in the last week. i take a seat on the sand and think about what else i need to buy. i make a list in my phone which consists of
- more clothes
- medicine and plasters
- survival kit
- torch
- rug
- outdoor table

with that list in mind i head back to my apartment and sleep like a baby.