14 beach day

i quickly chuck on my shirt and harrison spins his head around to see me. "morning lana" he says which catches lucy's attention. "lanaaaa" she says and jumps off the couch to run over and give me a hug. "hi luce, how are you" i say and pick her up, sitting her on my hip. "good. me and harrison are watching daddy on tv" she says and points to the tv where they're watching an episode of bondi rescue. "is that even appropriate?" i ask harrison and laugh. "i'm filtering it, don't worry" he says and laughs. "i didn't know you were coming today. where's gus?" i ask and sit down next to harrison and lucy sits beside him. "daddy had to take gussy to the hospital" she says and i look at her confused, then up to harrison. "tonsillitis. i got a call at 5 from dean asking if i could look after lucy since i live close to the hospital and he could just drop her off but obviously i was here so i went and picked her up" he says and i nod, taking it all in. "have you had something to eat?" i ask and he shakes his head. "luce has some rice bubbles earlier." "how about i make some pancakes" i say and lucy's eyes light up. "yesssss!" she exclaims which makes harrison and i both laugh.

i make the pancakes while harrison and lucy lay on the couch watching tv and a rescue comes up where i help three irish men then twist comes for back up. "lana it's you!" lucy exclaims and points to the tv. "sure is" i say and she watches me do the rescue. "and include reidy!" she says once we make it back onto the beach. i put a few pancakes on all three of our plates and pass it to the two sitting on the couch and they thank me. after cleaning up a bit i sit next to harrison and lean into him slightly. he has his left arm around lucy's shoulder and she's leaning into him and eating which is so freaking adorable!

we have a pretty slow morning, just watching tv and harrison helps me with some dishes. i call dean to see what's up and he tells us he'll be down there for another few hours at least. with that in mind, us three all decide to head to the beach and harrison is gonna take lucy surfing. that idea all kinda came together because i had the kids around a few days ago and we went swimming and they left their togs and gear here. after getting changed we pile into my car and head down to bondi, finding a park pretty far away. "we look like a freaking family" he says quietly to me and i chuckle as we reach the stairs down to the beach.

"come on luce!" harrison says once he grabs a board from underneath the tower and heads into the water with lucy following him. they have a stack of boards under the tower which the guys can use on their breaks and harrison figured that he can just use those instead of going home to get his one.

i sit on my towel on the sand, wearing a floral patterned beige bikini and a wide brimed black hat. i sit there watching the two of them surfing and laughing, having the time of their lives. god darn they're so cute. while i'm sitting there i start thinking about life and what i'm doing at the moment. my mental state isn't very good actually. i've been working so much lately as the cafe keeps growing. the other week i worked 65 hours which is absolutely ridiculous considering i usually work around 45/50. ever since that week i have been so exhausted and have just wanted to sleep and not do anything. i've caught up now and am feeling a little better but they still have me on for about 9 hours a day for 6 days a week. stupid.

they eventually come back in and while harrison returns to board i get lucy out of her wetsuit and wrap a towel around her. "how does an once cream sound" i ask and her eyes light up. "YESSS" she says and i laugh. "we'll wait until harrison comes back then we'll go" i say and she nods.

eventually harrison comes back and i slip on my denim shorts and throw my towel over my shoulder. we walk up onto the promenade and the ground is too hot for lucy so harrison gives her a piggy back until we reach the shop.