3 lunch

lana's pov

i wake up and check my emails, seeing when furniture is going to arrive. nope, doesn't look like any things arriving today. i mostly just sit on my phone and lounge around until lunch time rolls around and i'm going to see hoppo. a put on a stripped play suit with a t-shirt underneath and collect my phone and wallet before heading to this cafe. i arrive a bit early so i text hoppo letting him know i'm here and inside. before i can even send the text a man wanders up to me. he's wearing a bright blue lifeguarding shirt and some navy blue lifeguarding short. well, looks like he's here already.

"lana?" he asks in a question and i nod and stand up. "that's me" i say and he pulls me into a hug. "it's been a while" he says and i agree.

we have a really nice lunch and we just catch up on everything that's happened over the past few years. i tell him where my apartment is and he tells me he knows a couple of guys in the same apartment block as me. "how about you come to the tower. there's a couple of guys who will remember your dad and probably even you" he says and i gulp. "uh well i mean yeah, as long as i'm not interrupting anything" i say and he shakes his head. "it's pretty relaxed. come on" he says and we stand up. "i'll shout you" he says and wanders over to pay. "really?" i ask and he nods.

i thank him for paying and we wander across the road and along the prom to the tower.

entering inside three sets of eyes turn out way. "hop, who have ya found" someone asks and they all look at me. "you remember phil? about seven years ago?" hoppo asks and two of them nod. "yeah, his daughter lana. just moved here" he says and two of the guys eyes widen. "no way! it's been years since i've seen you!" one says and rushes up to hug me. "boxy mate, she doesn't even know who you are" hoppo says and i laugh as this so called 'boxy' guy pulls away from me. "oh yeah i'm kerrbox. and that's whippet and maxi" kerrbox says and my eyes widen a bit. "i remember you! dad used to talk about you all the time!" i exclaim. and he laughs. "oh god. that can't have been good" he says and i laugh. "nah nah it was mostly good" i day and the five of us laugh. "remember whippet at all? i can't remember if you ever met him" hoppo says and i shake my head no. "i remember your dad, he was a good fella" whippet says and i smile. "and maxi. he came just as your dad left. i remember that" hoppo says and i say hi to maxi. he looks around about my age, maybe a little older. "the day your dad left we knew we needed to train up some new people so that's when we started the trainee program where maxi was our first trainee" hoppo tells me. "ohhh i see. and do you still have the trainee program?" "yeah, we have two guys on it at the moment" he says and i nod.

i spend another few minutes in the tower until i decide that i should leave and let them get back to work. "no you can stay!" hoppo says and i chuckle. "oh it's fine, i've gotta go get furniture and stuff" i say and he nods. "do you have a car?" he asks and i sake my head no. "how are you getting everything then?" "delivery. no other option" i say and chuckle. "shit, that's expensive. i'll help you if you want. i have tomorrow off so if you want we can shop around and pick stuff up and move thing" he says and i shrug. "i wouldn't mind that actually" i tell him.

i let him know about the things i have already ordered and got delivery for and he tells me to cancel the delivery and we can pick them up tomorrow. just before i head off to leave another guy walks into the tower. we both make eye contact and holy moley, he's hot. he's wearing his legs guarding shorts and is carrying his shirt in his hands. he moves his sunglasses to the top of his head and we say hi to each other. "that's harrison, harrison this is lana" hoppo says and we shake hands. harrison pops up to where maxi is and grabs a drink of water and i say a final goodbye before leaving the tower.

well it looks like i may have made a couple of friends. or people i know at least.

i spend the afternoon shopping around for general bits. i buy a bunch of kitchen utensils, some bathroom products, more food and some screwdrivers. you never know when you will need them.

i spend the rest of the evening making sure everything is ready for tomorrow - when hoppo and i pick up everything. it's gonna be a hectic day!