15 stressed

that afternoon passes by quickly. after we got ice creams we headed home then dena came by and collected lucy. "i might head off now" harrison says, standing up and stretching. "nooooo" i say and give him the puppy dog eyes. "stayyyyy" i say and hop up to give him a hug. he chuckles and wraps his arms around my shoulders. "you have work tomorrow love" he says and strokes my hair. "i don't care" i say softly. "please just stay" i add and he finally gives in. "i'll stay" he whispers to me softly and i smile. "thank you" i say back and he sways me as we hug. "lana, are you okay?" he asks me and pulls me away from him slightly to look at me. "seriously. you've been looking a bit out of it recently" i says and i smile softly. "i-it's just work" i say and sigh, making my shoulders drop so i'm slouching. "have you talked to them yet?" he asks and i nod. "a week ago and they said that they probably aren't going to change it" i say and he pulls me into a hug. i've asked to get my hours reduced as i'm so stressed and tired from doing so many and they're not doing anything about it. "really?" he asks softly and i nod. he hold my head close to his chest and runs his fingers through my hair which calms me down. "i don't know what to do. i'm over it" i say and he pulls me away to see my eyes getting watery. "lana baby, it's okay" he says and kisses my forehead. "come here" he says and brings me over to my couch where we sit down and i snuggle into him. "have you thought about finding a new job?" he asks me softly and i nod. for the next hour we sit there and talk, while looking online at jobs in this area.

just as i was about to give up, we hit a jackpot. there is a kayak tour place that is wanting on land staff to co ordinate booking, sort out equipment and get ready for tours. because i did an adventure tourism course a couple of years ago, i have the qualification needed so this would suit me perfectly! "i'll look into more tomorrow" i say, snuggling down into harrisons shoulder. i'm over looking for jobs. he shuts off the laptop and puts it down beside him before cuddling into me. "thank you for today" i say and he smiles with some confusion in him. "for what love?" "being with me and taking care of lucy" i say and he squeezes me. "it was nice not to worry about anything" i add and he looks down at me and smiles. "i love you" he says and i look up to him and he plasters a kiss on my lips. "i love you too."