Prologue

The pub was absolutely buzzing tonight, but then it was a Friday. Everyone was letting loose after a long week. The booths around the outside and the smaller clusters of tables and chairs in the middle were all full of locals enjoying their evening. The stage at the far end of the pub was taken up by a group of four lads, two of which were in your business class at University. They were the band you had recommended to your boss, hoping to add a little something different to the Friday night's. They had been a hit and you had been run off your feet, you couldn't wait for the night to end.

It was nearing 10pm and you needed to grab some more change from the safe in the office. Checking with Luke and Jasper that they would ok for a few ninutes, you made your way down the corridor away from the bar. Grabbing the change from the safe you shoved the money in the front of your apron pocket, and quickly turned off the light in the office and left.

"Thanks love, that's kind of you to say." You heard a lad further up the corridor say. "I'm sorry, but I really have to go."

The girl in front of him, wearing a trashy red plastic looking dress didn't seem to understand personal space. She was leaning in and whispering to him, he didn't however look impressed.

"Yep, I'm sure you do. I'm just heading to the loo though, so no but thanks." He said, trying to be as polite as he could. However you could hear the frustration in his voice.

As you got closer, you recognised him. The lights in the corridor hadn't helped you get a clear look at him from by the office, but you could now see he was getting flustered. It was the singer/songwriter Niall Horan.

You knew who he was obviously, your niece had been a big fan of One Direction before they went on hiatus. His songs were always being played on the radio and you'd seen the articles about his recent tour. Gone was the blonde haired boy, instead he was now a 25 year old man.

Something just didn't sit right with you though, and you couldn't just walk past them.

"Hey love, what's your name?" You ask the clearly intoxicated girl as you approached them both. Niall looked up and his face was full of relief when he saw your bar uniform.

He had needed saving.

"Cassidy." She managed to mumble out, the strong smell of Jaeger on her breath. She must be part of the hen party that had ordered so many Jaeger bombs tonight that you had cut them off. You had a strict policy of not letting people get too drunk, it only ended up causing problems for you and was dangerous for them.

"Well Cassidy, I don't think Niall here is appreciating your drunken arse rubbing up against him."

"You know this is Niall Horan don't you?!" She attempted to whisper, but you knew Niall had heard her. "He's so sexy and manly."

Niall smirked, but he was clearly embarrassed by the whole situation. You returned his smile and tried not to laugh as you answered her.

"I'm aware of who he is and yes he is sexy and manly, but right now you're sexually harassing him and if you don't stop I will kick you out. Do you understand Cassidy?" You said firmly.

"Um..... I wasn't sexually harassing him." She said clearly, your words suddenly sobering her up.

"Sweetheart, you're grinding yourself on him and his face tells me he is not enjoying it. Plus he asked you to leave him alone twice in the time it took me to walk from my office just a few metres away to here."

You looked up at Niall who was trying to hide a smirk.

"I was just playing around, gotta try your luck haven't you?!" She giggled, swishing her long dark hair over her shoulder.