Part 9

Paris at night was spectacular.

The Eiffel Tower was lit up and you both took pictures as you floated past on your river cruise. There were about 20 other people on the boat and if any of them had noticed Niall none of them had shown it.

You'd felt nervous as you had walked down the stairs and out of your apartment building. Niall had sensed it too. Would people recognise him? Would you have to keep your distance from him? Could you hold his hand?

However it had been a particularly cold October day in Paris. It was almost November and the temperature tonight was low, so you wrapped up with hats, scarves and coats which not only kept you warm but also disguised Niall quite a bit.

Cuddling into Niall you took some selfies of you both, before admiring the view from the boat. Feeling Niall press gentle kisses to your hairline as he held you close caused you to sigh in contentment. You had missed this closeness, missed the easy conversation between you, missed how easy it was to be around him. However, you still got butterflies whenever he looked at you just like you'd had that first time you'd met him.

Working in the pub and being a student at University seemed like such a long time ago, when in fact you had only graduated just over 3 months ago. So much had changed.

The boat docked when the tour was over and you both made your way up the steps and to the main street. Opening up your maps app you put in the details of the bistro that Gabriel had recommended. It was only a 15 minute walk from where you were so you cuddled up again to Niall as you made your way along the streets of Paris.

The bistro was as amazing as Gabriel had described, a mixture of French and Italian cuisine by the look of the menu in front of you. The waitress recognised Niall when she came over to take your drinks order. He could tell straight away that she did and was really sweet to her as she started to struggle to write down what you wanted. You weren't sure how to react to him being recognised, you hadn't witnessed it much before. The young waitress was polite and gave you both a genuine smile as she left to get your drinks.

There was a worrying feeling deep down that she might tweet about him coming into the restaurant with you. That he had been in a restaurant alone with a woman. Niall didn't seem to be worrying about it as he reached across and took your hand in his. Giving it a reassuring squeeze as he could sense you were unsure of the situation.

"Don't worry." He whispered.

"Not worrying." You whispered back with a smile.

Niall was fully aware of how strange this must have been for you. You'd been out for dinner before alone when you were both back home in London. But that was at a place that Niall knew would be discreet and you'd be unlikely to be spotted. This bistro however was somewhere neither of you had been before and didn't know much about. The only thing you knew was that Gabriel had said the ravioli was to die for.

The waitress seemed to have regained her composure and brought over your wine. After taking your food order she went off and you could finally take in your surroundings. Gabriel said that he and Christopher loved the atmosphere of the bistro, some nights they would have a local female singer and a jazz band. She wasn't in this evening, but you could see the stage at the back of the dining area.

The Ravioli was as Gabriel had described, to die for. Niall gave you a look from across the table as you moaned at how good it was.

"Thought I was the only one to make you moan like that." He whispered.

"Niall." You whispered back.

He just wiggled his eyebrows and smiled at you, loving how flustered he had got you. The evening continued like that, as the wine was drank he became more flirty with you.