Part 6

At 10am the following Monday morning you received a call from Foundation Interior Designs. Your hands were trembling as you answered the call and you could hardly contain the squeals that were threatening to escape when they offered you the job.

After working your arse off for three years at University you had finally landed one of your dream roles. A few months working in Paris before settling back in London to start your career.

You first called Niall, probably should have been your parents or Jess and Hannah but he was the first person you thought off. Niall as you expected was so excited and told you that he knew you would get it. Asking him to thank Willie for the interview advice, you told him you were going to call your parents and that you would speak to him later. He was about to go into a meeting anyway, so said he would call you when it finished.

Your parents were ecstatic at the news, offering to treat you to lunch when they came down from Nottingham the next day. Your dad had hired a van and they were going to help you move and buy your furniture for the flat above The Cosy Coffee Corner. Although you would be leaving the flat for a few months, you would need it when you got back from Paris in December.

After firing off a message on your group chat with Jess and Hannah asking them to meet you at the cafe in half an hour, you grabbed your purse and headed out. You were excited to tell Audrey your news, she had become an unexpected agony Aunt while you had lived here. Jess and Hannah said they'd meet you there and as you pushed open the door to the cafe you spotted Audrey straight away.

"Morning Emma, how are you? All set for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yes my parents are coming down to help. And I got some great news about a job!"

"Well???!!!" She said eagerly.

"I got the internship in Paris and if that goes well it will extend to the London office as well!"

Audrey went crazy, clapping and cheering as she rounded the counter and pulled you into a hug.

"I knew you could do it, didn't I tell you? Oh Paris!! Think of all the coffee and pastries you can try!"

Typical Audrey thinking about coffee and baked goods, however she had a point. You'd probably have to take up running when you got there.

You chatted with her about the job and your plans for the flat. Audrey offered to keep an eye on the flat for you while you were gone and to cover the bills for you, but you declined her offer. She had been more than generous when it came to the flat. It was a two bedroom place and she wasn't taking any deposit from you, hadn't made you sign any tenancy agreement and only wanted you to cover the bills, with the rent she had asked for was the same as the studio flats you had been looking at. She had even updated the kitchen and bathroom and put new carpet throughout.

Audrey stayed and chatted with you until Hannah and Jess arrived, excusing herself when they sat down offering to bring some coffees over for you. It was at this point that you decided you wanted to do something special for Audrey. Something to show her that you appreciated having her in your life. You would have to have a think about how to repay her for her kindness. Maybe you could invite her to Paris for the weekend when you were there?

Hannah soon pulled you from your thoughts and you began discussing the job.

"So have you told Niall yet?" She asked.

"Yeah I did, he was really happy for me."

"Where does this leave you guys then?" Jess asked.

"Well we talked on the phone for like two hours Saturday night after I finished work. He is wanting to make us exclusive and wants to see how we go."