11. Killer

I ran towards the guard at full speed. Our swords collided, letting out a loud clang. I swung again, slicing his shoulder. He let out a cry of pain as his skin started to burn. I ran to the next guard, kicking him to the ground. I dug the sword in to his leg, causing him to scream. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and slashed that guard across the face, making him hold his face before he died. More and more guards came at me, each one falling to the ground, screaming and begging. Normally, I would be sorry. I would be devastated. But they didn't feel that way when they killed Perla, or Edward, or in some ways Zack, or any of the hundreds of hybrids they killed. So now they're paying the price! I gripped the sword tightly in my hand as they continued to advance towards me. "I swear I will kill you all to avenge my friends!" I screamed out in rage.

As another guard ran towards me, I readied my blade and began to swing. Then, I felt a hand grab my arm. I was teleported away, and had returned back to the camp. Cybel was next to me, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Tally, what happened? Where Edward? A-And why are you covered in blood?" Juli asked.

I looked down at my blood stained clothes. I couldn't tell what was Edward's blood or the guards or even my own.

"Edward...is dead. He died trying to save me. Then, the guards attacked me. I-I...I killed them."

Juli gasped and stared at me. She was looking at me with shock and...fear?

"Tally, did you really...kill them?" Adam asked.

I nodded as my breathing became more and more shallow. I heard something fall to the ground. I looked down and saw sticks on the ground in a circle around me. I hadn't even realized that I was on fire until now.

"Edward..."

I looked back at Cybel, who had started to cry. She had a hand over her mouth as tears streamed down her face. She was always the closest to Edward, so his death had hit her the hardest. I went to comfort her before she slapped me away.

"No! Don't come near me! It's your fault he's dead! If he hadn't gone to save a-a...a killer like you, he would still be here!"

I backed away as she said this. The word "killer" rang out in my head. Was that what she saw me as now? A killer? A murderer?

I looked to the others for support, but they said nothing. Juli stared at the ground with a hand on her chest. Chloe looked away, biting her lip. Adam locked eyes with me and shook his head with disappointed and fear.

"...Guys?"

No one spoke. No one moved. No one did anything. The only sound was Cybel crying on the ground next to me.

Then, like the first lighting strike in a storm, a voice broke the silents.

"Why...why are you all looking at her like that?"

From behind the crowd, Cilia stepped forward.

"Do you really blame her for his death? Do you really thinks it wrong what she's done? The people of Diamondo have killed our friends and lovers and family, and you just want to lay down peaceful and quiet? You just want to keep the blame on us?"

She came up to my side and faced the crowd with me. She had a determined fire in her eyes as she continued to talk.

"If that what you want to do, fine, be my guess. But not me, and not Tally. No, we want to fight for our people, for the suffering we've had to deal with, just for being born! We won't lay still, waiting for peace that will never come! We will fight for our right to survive! I'm sure that if we all attacked the village, we could destroy them! And yet we do nothing, and shame tho use who fight back! Tally watched Edward die in front of her, and you expect her to be calm and peaceful?"

Cilia stops and looks over the crowd. They stare at her and take in what she said.

I notice her face begin to turn red from embarrassment, as her hand shakes at her side. She closed it in to a fist to try and stop it, but it doesn't work. Seeing this, I grab it and lace our fingers together. She looks back at me, surprised, then looks away again, blushing even more.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Yeah, don't mention it."

I take her away from the crowd as they continue not to say a word. I pull her to a deeper part of the forest, where no one could see or hear us.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah, just a bit heated. Sorry about that, I just...didn't like them talking to you like that."

I chuckle slightly.

"What, like how you used to talk to me?"

She looks at me and scowls.

"H-Hey, I said I was sorry. Besides, I'm trying to get along with you now."

I smile at her.

"I know, I know. And I'm really thankful for that, you know? I like having you as a friend."

The blush returns to her face again. She looks away. She stutters for a moment before talking.

"W-What if I don't want to be friends?"

I'm taken aback.

"W-What? But thought we were getting along now? A-Are we not that close yet?"

She shakes her head.

"No, I don't mean that! I do want to get along with you, just not as friends, but as..."

I wait for her to finish her sentence. Her eyes dart around as she tries to think of the words. Then, they land on my eyes. She looks in to them for a moment, before placing her lips on to mine.

I hum in surprise as she does this. This kiss only lasts a second before she takes her lips off of mine. She looks at me again as her eyes go wide.

"A-Ah! I'm so sorry! I d-don't know what happened, I just-"

I cut her off by kissing her myself. Now it's her turn to be surprised, but she recovers quickly and kisses back. This kiss, however, also ends quickly like the first.

"...Does this mean we're dating now?"

I giggle a little at Cilia's question.

"If you want." I say.

"Y-Yeah, I'd love that!"

I smile and grab her hand again.

"Alright, we're dating now."